What has happened?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Argyle_Armoring, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/1...ning-korean-war-veteran-says/?test=latestnews

Management removes American flags without warning, Korean War veteran says

A Korean War vet living in a Georgia federally subsidized housing unit says his American flags were removed by building management without warning.

Armond "Sonny" Noah said his four American flags were taken from outside his home without notice, and that when he asked maintenance where the flags went, they didn’t have an answer.

“It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier."
    - Armond "Sonny" Noah

Noah said a management official left a phone message days later saying that they had his flags, and that he couldn’t place flags in the commons area, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

“I don’t think we should have to fight for the flag,” Noah told MyFoxAtlanta.com. “It was an honor for me to serve the country. And I was proud of that. I was a good soldier.”

A spokesperson for the DeKalb County residence said that the matter was mishandled and that they plan on issuing an apology to Noah.

Management said they hope to reach a compromise with Noah, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

What has happened to this country? I'm seeing more and more stories like this one. Since when was it wrong for people to display the flag of our nation, the United States of America, within our own country? It shouldn't matter where the flags are posted. As long as they're within the boundaries of this country, the flag should wave. It's crap like this that really pisses me off!!!!

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I agree. Its BS.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a veteran flying an American flag. just how unpatriotic is that?:rolleyes:

and was someone offended by his flying the American flag? and just who were they?

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Oh, is this nation's flag, for

which I gladly put my a$$ on the line,

a source of embarrassment to you?

THEN GET THE **** OUT OF MY

COUNTRY. TRY THAT SH!T IN KENYA,

OR FRANCE, YOU BIG PU$$%!

5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

It could be worse, We can't even fly the flag of our country over the city hall in Belfast.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Sounds like a poor show of patriotism. Why did they adopt such a law?

7. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Poltical correctness, will be the downfall of all,

God forbid that the flying of Old Glory, would offend someone.

As a vet from 1966-1968, I WILL fly my flags, even though I was spit on when I came home, I am proud to have served.

If we dont stick together and at least try to get the idiots outta Washinton DC, it aint gonna be pretty here.

Jim

8. manta

Good question there are two communities here with different Allegiances one to the united kingdom and one to the republic of Ireland. A vote was taken in Belfast city council to only fly the flag on designated days instead of every day as it has for the last 100 years. It has caused a few problems here keeping the police busy. You in America had similar problems between the north and south it took a civil war to sort it out, I am sure some in America still have allegiances to and fly the confederate flag. PS. The photos don't represent most of the country is a mostly peaceful place with the lowest crime rates in the UK.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  9. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

We ran the British out of our country twice . And you can't even get that right .

I thinks it's BS about them taking down his flags !
    I hope he sews them .

10. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

You got that right! It pisses me off too! I believe that if they don't like OUR flag, then they should move the hell out of the country!

Ken

11. manta

The difference here is that N Ireland is part of the UK and the majority are British and wish to remain British. :) As for flags they can cause a lot of emotion and if some don't like the flag being flown then you get liberals and political correctness taking over.

12. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I think the key was that they indicated he couldn't put flags up in the common area. My guess is they are concerned that if one resident put something up, other residents may also want to put something up (other flags, decorations, etc) and eventually the common area has too much and becomes gaudy. They could easily remedy it if the management put up a nice large flag and made raising, lowering, etc part of the regular routine.

13. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

My point Exactly the Irish can't get it right . Maybe we need to train train them .

14. texaswoodworker

A lot of people do, thought they also fly the US flag too. Today, the Confederate flag doesn't represent a separate nation to most. It represents a heritage, a way of life, and states' rights.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

many people fly different flags for different reasons. many here in Texas fly the Texas state flag, but it's place is beneath or subserviant to the American flag.

16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I always fly the flag at my hotel. I replace it once or twice a year. But the gas station next to me has a flagpole that hasn't had a flag on it in at least 5 years. They disgust me.

17. texaswoodworker

God bless Texas. :)

[​IMG]

18. stag556

stag556 New Member

"Noah said a management official left a phone message days later saying that they had his flags, and that he couldn’t place flags in the commons area, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported."

"Id like to spit some beech nut in that dudes eye"
    ................................Bocephus................ enough said!

19. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

We have 3 people in my neighborhood that fly the confederate flag. Its not a problem at all. All of them also fly the US flag.

20. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If the English invaders left Northern Ireland there would not be a problem. It is long past time go home. :(