What handgun have you shot that kicked the worst?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Executiveprotect, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Executiveprotect

Executiveprotect New Member

My worst hand sting came from a .357 derringer when I was 17 lol. Let here some of your stories lol !!!

2. xdm6951

xdm6951 New Member

340pd was the worst sting

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Contender in 7-30 Waters. Not bad. But more than my 44 mag. It is a 30-30 case necked down to a 7mm.

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Magnum Research BFR in .460

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not sure. I can't remember any that caused me pain. Now.......if you want to talk about long guns or shot guns..................:(

6. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Wasn't painful but the Desert Eagle has some kick.

7. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

500 S&W magnum with 4" barrel and some 700gr handloads... That one stung a little...

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

S&w 500. It kicked pretty bad but the worst part was it spit in my face bad. I assumed timing or headspace was off a bit and put the gun down. Not messing with pressure levels like that not working correctly.
    The governor with .45 lc had a nice kick too.

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

This'n, fer sur.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Ruger Blackhawk in 44Mag. with some very healthy and hot handloads! turned a watermelon into a salad.

11. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

linebaugh I believe it was 475 belonging to a co-worker. He had a ruger black hawk rechambered for it.He talked about it all the time. One day he brought it to work out on a job in vegas. I am a heavy equipment operator by trade and it was not uncommon for co workers to bring guns to shoot after work. Any way this black hawk had the factory wood grips and was not a bisley. When I dropped the hammer that thing sent a zinger of pain through my hand like I had just slapped a concrete brick. The muzzle flash was intense and the gun disapeared from my vision even after it recoiled straight up and came back down. I felt like some one lit off a fire cracker in my face.
    This was a 4 5/8 inch barrel and factory grips. With a after maerket grips and a long barrel I am sure it would not have been so severe. Having a bisley frame would have helped a lot to. But all in all it was a extremely unpleasant gun to shoot and follow up shots would based on recovery time for vision to return not muzzle jump.
    On big bear etc I am sure it would do the job but that first shot better be dead on and do the job because you would have your face eaten off before your vision cleared for the second shot.

12. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Magnum research 45-70. Pulled my thumb out of the socket

13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Most uncomfortable pistol I have shot was the Kel Tec P3AT. I regularly shoot a 21 oz 45 ACP and it is easier. My hot loaded Redhawk was easier. The LCP is not much different than the P3AT.

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Axxe55:
    "It's Better To Die On Your Feet, Than To Live On Your Knees." Emiliano Zapata. 1879-1919

Hey Axxe, remember that Zapata happily walked into an ambush and was murdered, his corpse used for picture-postcard photgraphs by his killers.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and this has what to do with handgun recoil and which one kicked the worst?:rolleyes:

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Desert Eagle .44mag. A friend of mine brought it during requals one day. After i shot it he wanted to show off by shooting it one handed, not the best decision he's made. The gun came back and lacerated the bridge of his nose.

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Most kick: My Ruger SP101 short barrel with full magnum load. Dang!

Hurt most: My S&W 380. That is certainly not designed as a range gun.

18. oli700

oli700 New Member

TC Contender with 45-70 barrel

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

All my pistols are auto-loaders, so no really bad recoil,

even the DE44.

Yeah, I'm just a big p*$$y...:rolleyes:

20. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I'll agree with JTJ: The little keltecs suck to shoot as far as comfort goes. Snappy, thin grip, rough edges, non-existant sights.

The biggest kicker I shot was a 454 Cassul though.

My S&W 442 airweight is no picnic with +P rounds.