what guns do you hate.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dcp1987, Mar 10, 2009.

1. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

soo everyone here has probably shot a gun that just plain felt wrong, cheap, etc. what guns do you loathe.

my list is

glocks - i just don't like the feel of them not to mention the shortcuts they take in manufacturing them (for example the fact that a glock 40 is just a pmm glock with the barrel bored to fit a 40) also the fact that when i was in highschool all the gangster wanna be's thought every handgun was a glock

smith & wesson m&p - i hate the trigger on the thing. the little hinge on it drives me nuts. also its uncomfortabe and just doesn't feel right

smith & wesson sigma - this is the worst for the same reasons above. and in addition it has the worst trigger pull i have ever felt. a double action pull on most revolvers is smoother than this thing.

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I think the only gun I could learn to hate is the one that is pointed at me. Although, after thinking about it for a while I'd probably forgive the firearm and just hate the guy pointing it at me. Eyes like to be on the utter end.

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Is this strictly just us throwing out guns that suck? Do we get to defend or argue about someones choice?

If so, the M&P trigger is meant for someone with large hands and fingers. I have never had a problem with mine. If you use proper trigger technique, its just fine.

Anyways, I'm going to add a Remington 710 to the list before anyone else does. It was an impulse buy with zero research and little experience with firearms. I've learned my lesson.

4. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Ugly Gun?

+1hunterjoe-BUT= The Hi Point semi-autos have to be real close to ugly. I know their cheap+shoot most of the time-BUT...........:p:p

5. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Say NO to Gun Hate!!! Every gun deserves to be loved!!!

6. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

yeah we can argue or defend someones choice but i think most of it's gonna be based on opinion more than anything.
    i don't think theres a major flaw with the m&p trigger. that hinge just bugs the hell out of me.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*bites tongue, wanders out of thread*

8. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

ill speak for you if thats ok.

everything but a 1911
    lol

9. 1861

1861 New Member

old Colt police positive . Hated them things .

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Any gun from the "ring of fire" folks. Total crap and very unsafe to fire.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOL - Not quite that easy I am afraid, but as a Mod, I don't think this is a thread I should participate in....

But some of my "favorites" are already on the list... LOL

JD

12. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

on a personal note, i hate pretty much anything chrome plated because its stupid and wanna be gangster. I also hate desert eagles for the same reason. chrome or gold plated desert eagles are even worse.

as to something that is not thuggish that I dislike, i have to go with the HK USP .40 compact. my dad has two and from when i was a kid, to today I can not shoot it for the life of me! i dont like the way it feels in my hand, i dont like the safety, i dont like the trigger pull and i couldn't hit the side of a barn with the darn thing for some reason.

i must say, it is a very reliable weapon though.

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

+1

There's nothing worse than "bling" on a pistol................:mad:

14. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Out of the roughly two dozen guns I've owned, there has only been two that I was disappointed in. A Hi-Point 9MM and a Marlin Mode 60.

The Hi-Point seemed reliable enough, but after putting a couple-few hundred rounds through it,I decided that I couldn't hit 'P****i' with it. I gave it away (to someone I never knew, not that I'd reveal a name ever...in-fact, it was stolen if I remember correctly)

The Marlin-60 I still have, infact it was the first gun I've owned since it was brand new. My dad bought it for me and my twin sister when we were about 8 years old. We already had a .22 bolt action with sites that my dad had made out of beer/pop cans. I could hit a quarter at 60 yards with either gun, so I imagine it was quite accurate for a semi-auto.

But it wasn't vary many years, and it would jam no matter how much you cleaned it. The action is sandwiched between two pieces of sheet metal that you would never get reassembled if it were taken apart, and thus it's almost impossible to clean properly. I eventually gave in to 'hosing the heck out of it' with a hi-pressure nozzle, then drying it, and oiling the living heck out of it to prevent rust.

Now, I've owned the gun for 23 years and it functions pretty reliable, but is still a PITA to clear a misfire from. Also, it has that whole tubular mag. that I really can't stand. Although it is rare to find a gun that will hold 18 rds. from the factory.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
  15. WDB

WDB New Member

It's hard to hate any qualiy firearm or even lesser quality as you get what you pay for. I have two pistols that I don't care to shoot but at the same time both are low end manufactures and purchased because they are not common. AMT Auto Mag and Llama mini Max 45. I also own a desert eagle and I think the hate for the pistol is based more on envy than experience, again not a common pistol but before you dish it have experience in shooting it.

So have I haven't found a pistol I hate but admit I've purchased some pistols that weren't right for me. It's why many of us have a collection, always looking for that prefect pistol. I have a Kimber I truly like, two S&W M&P's (the trigger comment in the first post on this thread can be corrected simply by trigger control and not pulling the trigger like it's a staple gun). I carry and switch between based on how I dress.

I have several other pistols that I enjoy shooting but never met a pistol I hate.

16. 8000F

8000F New Member

Everything with a MSRP of less than $450...OP's list is a list of most people's favorites.

17. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I've tried some guns that I didn't enjoy very much, but I wouldn't say I really hated them. I tried Glocks and didn't care for them, I also tried some Taurus models I didn't like (the Millenium, I might be wrong about the model name, had a long, horrible trigger pull).

The only gun I own that I'm not 100% in love with is my Ruger MKIII 22/45. It works well, I just don't like the disassembly, I'm probably going to sell it soon. I haven't shot it since I got my S&W 617.

18. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

as i call'em american standards there pos's in my book

19. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I know its not a real gun but...

[​IMG]

Anti-gun statue at the United Nation headquarters.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ironic considering they are responsible for probably the most bloodshed, through appeasement and lack of the ability to put troops on the ground, by firearms ( and hatchets and machetes ) in the third world in the modern era....