What gun will you buy with your tax return?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by HighSpeed, Feb 2, 2012.

1. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

It's that time of year!!! So, what's on your short list?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not sure what I'll do with my tax return. As always, I have some bills to pay. I might want to go visit my sister in Arizona. I'm also taking a long weekend up to the Mall of America with my daughter and granddaughter. I'm not sure I'll how much I'm getting back yet and how much I'll have left. There are several guns I'd like to buy, though. I only have two so I do have a lot of catching up to do. :(

3. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Henery 22 and I'm gona get the parts to make my sks "american made". I'm gona get a sweet light for my saltwater tank too.

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

M14, M1a, Socom 16, something like that....

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I try to work mine so that my refund is not enough to buy a tube of BBs......

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I was looking at a MK23 SOCOM and Sig Sauer 220 X6, I doubt that I'll have enough to get either but these will be in my dream safe.

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm at a crossroads for an AR or a 1911. Time will tell, but I'm leaning towards the AR.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just got the last W2 in yesterday. Sending them off to my sister today. Hoping I'll have that Colt in hand in about a week to a week and a half.

I have been thinking, and my wife has been appalled at the price, so I may get a Springfield instead. I did some parts shopping and discovered a custom 1911 built just the way I want it is going to run about $1250 if I build it myself, so I may take a springfield to save money and learn a little about the 1911 by hands on experience, and then start buying parts one piece at a time later on.

My local sportsman's warehouse carries the springer GI in hard chrome for $550 or so, if they still have any in stock.

9. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I looked at the Phoenix HP22 and plan on it when the check arrives.

10. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

The boss cleared me to spend around 1000; I know I am getting a 1911, but make and model depend on what is in stock in my area. I am partial to Springfield, but all in all, I am not too picky. There is a gun show this weekend, but I don't know that the tax fairy will have visited our direct deposit yet. Lets hope!

11. fmj

fmj New Member

I'm in the market for an AR. Looking like a DPMS. (unless i find a better deal at the Indy 1500 March 17th) stocking up on powder, primers and bullets and a safe upgrade.

I need more room, this current safe is packed to overflowing and this time i will get the fire rating. Its looking like Cannon is going to win that one. There are other safes with similar capacity and fire ratings but ONLY Cannon has a power outlet, usb and ethernet port built into the back of the safe.

Go with the Springy guys. I have yet to regret purchasing mine 15 years ago!

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll definitely be taking that into consideration. The only complaint I've heard about Springfield is the front sight coming off sometimes, but that shouldn't affect the model I want.

I have to ask, why the hell do you need ethernet and USB ports on a gun safe?

13. fmj

fmj New Member

I have TONS of digital media in this infernal box....well north of 20 gigs of music in MP3 format, (its a serious pain in the @$$ to reload and convert all that music...i have done it twice now thanks to computer crashes) well over two decades worth of family and wilderness photos (other than my grandpa and dads guns, the pictures are about the only things irreplaceable in the house) plus having converted most of the other photos to digital (wife worked for Fuji film for the first 15 years we were together and did all our film processing for free, i am sure you can imagine the size of the box of pictures we have) not to mention other important records etc.

You can lock your machine in the safe and run it remotely via usb or ether net. The power outlets are for interior lighting and dehumidification. Drilling a hole in the back or side of a safe to run power cords is 1, a pain the arse and 2, compromises fire rating.

14. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I'm not buying any guns this year. I am planing on spending some $ on tools & quite a few projects I've put off way to long. Brownells should be real happy with me come the end of February, the wife on the other hand.

Attached Files:

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

So you would put the computer in the safe? Wouldn't that not provide very good airflow?

16. mcb

mcb New Member

Amen. I try to break even in April that way I have more of MY money year round.

17. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

I never get anything back so there's never a return to use to buy a new toy. Hmmmm...maybe that needs to change!

18. fmj

fmj New Member

I'm not sure i am going to put the machine in the safe....prolly just get a external hard drive loaded with the important stuff. The power outlet is mainly what i am after. But the 2 plug power outlet has the USB and ethernet integrated into it.

Liberty also offers the option....but its extra money to purchase and have installed by "qualified" individual. Cannon offers it standard.

19. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I know some people r gona say I'm dumb but, I have work take a extra 100 a month. It's just a easier way for me to save money.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Oh hell no that's not dumb. I stay so broke all the time, I and my wife always have full withholdings taken out just so we can get it back. Plus, if for some reason we don't get it all back, we know we won't owe anything extra, and it's not like we ever got it to begin with so we aren't missing it! It's like finding that $20 bill when you do laundry!