What Gun is This?????

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ricks, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ricks

ricks New Member

I just bought this little .22 revolver I believe from my buddy. It says NOTHING on it no manufacturer no nothing. All it says is made in Germany. I want to here everything you guys know about it.

Attached Files:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That looks like a typical german made teargas/blank gun. I would stongly recommend you take it to a competent gun smith and have him give it a first hand look. I would be willing to bet it is not safe to shoot with "real" ammo.

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

the bore and cylinder appear to be larger than .22 as well

4. stuntman19832000

stuntman19832000 New Member

looks like a rohm not sure what model maybe rg08 or rg10. From what i have read they are pretty much crap, made with cheap pot metal. hope that helps.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Looks bigger than a .22 to me as well. Still, I would not ever try and shoot it. Looks like some starter pistols I've seen as well. How much did you give for it?

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Resembles none of the RG guns ive seen.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

At first glance I was going to say Rohm, but some things did not look "right".
    Take it to a smith to verify that it is safe to handle any ammo.

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

On your Mark, Get Set, *BANG* Now you are ready for Field Day.:D

9. IDVague

IDVague New Member

It looks a little like a starter pistol my high school PE coach had in his office. Yeah, I'm that old. But that one only had about a 1" barrel and was painted black pot metal I guess, because it was about 50% peeled off.

10. ricks

ricks New Member

I tryed blanks through it and works fine. How much is something like this worth you guys think. I know I over payed for it but how much could I get for it?

11. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

[​IMG]

Looking at the back of the barrel in this picture it does not look like the barrel goes all the back to the cylinder. I would think it is a blank gun. Something used at track meets and the like.

12. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Starter pistol?????

You might try to pawn this off as the Original starters pistol from the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany. A black American by the Name of Jessie Owens comes to mind.:)

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Wild assed guess here- I think you MAY have an EM-GE "Valor" revolver. They were made as blank pistols for 8mm blanks, some were "modified" to fire .32 S&W. No rifling in bore. PLEASE have a smith check it over before shooting anything but cap pistol caps in it. Do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I am really not a gun snob, but value on revolvers like that are about $25.

14. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

Looks like a 22 short RG real rough though

15. WDB

WDB New Member

Already expressed it seems to be a starter pistol (no rifling in the barrel is the best clue). I wouldn't bother taking it to a gunsmith, as it clear this pistol shouldn't use live ammo. It's in rough condition even for blanks. $25 is a generous value number but if you know anyone who trains hunting dogs they might buy it from you.

16. rb65

rb65 New Member

i agree. the bore does look a little large for a .22. i would go with a starter gun. good luck with it.