What gun do you show your daughter's boyfriend?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by daxma6270, Oct 10, 2012.

1. daxma6270

daxma6270 New Member

I dread having kids because if I have a daughter then I know I'm gonna spend money to buy an intimidating gun to show the boyfriend what he'll be facing if he ever hurts her. My gun of choice would wither be my .45 cal 1911 whenever I get it or maybe my 12 gauge shotgun.

So if you all have any girls or plan on having one what gun would/did you show her new boyfriend?

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The white shotgun??;)

3. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Ha! I keep joking that my guns will be soooo clean once my daughter starts dating. I plan on coincidentally be cleaning my guns any time a boy comes to pick my daughter up, and she's a pretty girl, so no doubt that will be often...

4. orangello

orangello New Member

THANK YOU TROJAN!!! :D

Were i to be in that unfortunate situation, i would use my SKS with the spikey bayonet.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Orangello beat me to it, Thank You Trojan - for I shall NEVER have to ask myself this question.

I have always felt the most starting thing is when you see a mass of anything that surprises you.

Guy invites you over and though he never mentions hunting his entire house looks like a zoo with all the mounted heads.

In that vein I suggest a talk with the young lad in front of the gun safe.

While a den with oak and glass cabinets, green felt lining and just the right touch of light, displaying all my weapons from various eras would be the perfect setting. :cool:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I seriously remember one girl's dad telling her to call "Jamie the Police Chief down the street" about babysitting as we were about to leave. No hidden messages there, LOL.

7. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Well my wife fathet tryed that one but didnt work on me cause I ending up know more about guns then him n now he call me for advise. On the other hand I have a lil girl n all guns my be out on the table, or maybe the part in badboys 2 with Will smith n Martin.

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Easy answer, Smith and Wesson .500 Magnum

9. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Oh the memories :):):)

They got greeted at the door with a different gun every time they came over (a big thank you to several friends) so they really had no idea how many guns I had. One boy (for lack of better words) actually had his name written on a bullet and put up on the mantle. He never came back after that and told everyone at his school that so and so's dad was a psycho. I took that as a complement.

In all honesty raise them as best as you can and pray that they make good decisions.....and never ever date a boy like me.

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

To me, nothing says cranky (and potentially dangerous) old bastard like a side by side shotgun. Bib overalls are optional. ;)

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Not a father (will hopefully be some day), but I would go with the gun that had the biggest "scare" factor. AK-47, AR-15, and a Saiga 12ga can be pretty intimidating guns. when you don't have much experience with them, and your date's father is the one holding it. :D

Of course, it depends on the boyfriend. Most people would be nervous in this situation. I would not be nervous. I would be the guy who turned it around and taked about THAT particular gun with the father for an hour. :D

12. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Probably just any magnum revolver with a 10 inch barrel.

If he inquires to the make and model, and tells me about his guns, then he's cool. If not, then he's scared and that's just my intention.

I see it as a win/win. :D

Levelcross said it best: and never date a boy like me!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

show him the unmarked, unseriel numbered firearmwe all have that has been handed down by granpda's grandpa.. and be sure to mention untraceable it is.. and maybe mention how many shovels you own also.

14. daxma6270

daxma6270 New Member

I literally lol'd on this.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, the shovels did it.

You really wanna scare the kid off, show him a true crime novel involving a multi-state murder spree and a girl, then point out that they change the names on minors. A chick did that to me with her former sister in law, scary book; SIL was really in it. Self-preservation > hormones.

16. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I'm not showing him any gun, I will just show him my badge

17. orangello

orangello New Member

This might encourage the youngster; you have heard the tales about preacher's kids, right? ;)

18. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

and you guys thought i had a good answer... i asked my wife.. shes says....

I show my targets. It speaks for itself :)

19. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

One on my ex girlfriends lived with just her mom.. So never had the dad hello with her but her cousins were much older and very protective.

So when I go to have dinner with her family the first cousin walks in and says hello I shook his hand, he asked a few questions and that was that..

Then the next cousin walked in... With a 20" bar chainsaw in his hands.... So I was like u really needed the chainsaw? I was nervous enough meet u in the first place.. Shook his hand over the chain and he put it outside..

That was a fun filled night..

When I have a daughter.. Like others said I might just so happen to be cleaning ALL of my guns on the dinning room table.. Just so he can see that I not only can do damage.. But pick which one I want to use if need be..

20. Shade

Shade New Member

First, thank god I have two boys, sad thing is if any of their future date's
    Dads have guns out. A trip to the range might preclude the planned date.
    At least a good discusion of the weapons at hand, both my boys love to
    shoot.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012