what gun do you have the most fun shooting?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Tev225, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Tev225

Tev225 New Member

So I have been slowly saving up money for a new gun. I want some ideas on some "cool" and "fun" guns. What are you guys' favorite firearms? Which ones could you not live without? Whether it be how smooth her action is, or how good she looks.

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

All of them.I've got shotguns,rifles,muzzle loaders,pistols,revolvers and single shots and I love them all. No favorites really,except for a gun I use to have and that was a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk 44 mag. Don't know why it is but I like the 44 mag the best :D.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Many guns I bought were mostly for fun, so , I don't have one favorite.

Fun brutal gun with currently affoardable ammo: Mosin Nagant.

Fun for just messing around at the range or taking care of small game needs or pest elimination: Ruger 10/22

Just don't have to worry about it centerfire pistol: Glock 17

Target shooting, great fitting and pointing center fire pistol: 1911

Woods rifle: Marlin 336, .30-30

High volume center fire blasting rifle: AK clone

Most versatile rifle: AR 15, the modular design means that with one lower receiver I can have a lightweight carbine upper, a varmint upper, a national match upper, could swap to different calibers for different tasks.

4. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

They are all fun for me. Buying ammo not so much.

Gotta say its a toss up between my AR and my Mosins for just plain fun to shoot....pistol wise I really dig the SR40, awesome semi and reasonable price.......

Attached Files:

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

As I have grown into a certified old fart I find I love shooting small groups with a .22lr. I enjoy most all of my firearms but theres nothing like shooting sub moa groups at 100 yards or putting something bugs like on paper during hot weather and shooting the flies when they land.

6. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I buy em to shoot em like previous posts. My 1911 is the best, but I have a 629 4" that's a ball. I set up 48 shot scenarios with .44 mag. It's not at all difficult if you are not new to the mag. A lot of fun, and new appreciation for the 1911.

7. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I love shooting them all, but for just some fun range time the Mini14 is probably my favorite! :)

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It's toss up between a Ruger 10/22 and a Marlin XT-22MR. The 10/22 is the paper punching king and the Marlin is the game getter.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well, where to start?

I guess for plinking, and overall accuracy, my

scoped Ruger MKII 22LR, with CCI-RNs

For sheer "cut loose, & let 'er rip!" effect,

my VEPR in 54R. Nutz M44-like muzzle blast, in semi auto.

For more sedate mayhem, the A2 type HBAR barreled

AR, in 5.56.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if i didn't think i would enjoy shooting it, then i probably won't buy it to begin with. if i buy one that doesn't meet my expectations, for whatever reasons, it's gone pretty quickly.

i tend to do much more research and try and at least handle something and shoot it if possible before spending money anymore.

these days, it's probably more about the cartridge than the platform.

11. godale

godale Member

use to be my remmy 243 in model 7. it was actually my first center fire rifle. with cheap 80 grain winny bullets too. about a year and a half ago i got some money from my grandparents estate, i ended up with a bull barrel savage in the 17hmr. well that was it for me now for just shooting thats my preferred rifle:D

12. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Believe it or not,I love shooting my Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine the most.
    I've even tweaked my notoriously awful ProMag 15 round magazines to work reliably.
    Cheap gun,but very fun to shoot.Even cheap steel cased TulaAmmo works in it. :)

13. Tev225

Tev225 New Member

I'll even pitch in on my own thread. I've really liked my savage model 93 in 17 hmr. Shoots really well and does a number on ground squirrels. The gun I was thinking about was a rossi model 92 in 357 mag/38spl

14. Ishooter

Ishooter New Member

I like the guns I have, that is why I bought them. The one that is the most fun at this time would be my model 7 in 358 Hoosier. Next would be a 10-22 I built. After that I would say one of my 44s.

15. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

1. AK-47 w/75 round drum and clip on bi-pod
    This is my #1 by far..

2. AR-15

3. Most any decently accurate and reliable hand gun.. Hand guns are just fun, revolvers, semi's, poly, steel, alloy.. If they work and hit targets they're fun.. .22's to .45 to magnums..

4. My bolt action 30-06

5. Shot guns in general

16. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

For me, it would be my Ruger Single Six revolver 22wmr/22lr... How can you not have fun shooting that revover. Over several decades I have killed numerous tin cans, rocks, prickly pear cactus fruit and assorted critters.:D

17. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I just love to shoot! But absolutely my favorite would have to be one of my AR's.

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

For me my favorite is my only wheel gun. Its a S&W 66-2.

But I see this thread is in the rifle sub-forum. If you're asking about rifles then I'll say my Winchester 30-30.

19. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I really enjoy my H&R Pardner Pump 12 gauge with a truglo triton 30mm red dot scope, I love blasting stuff with a shotgun. You can't go wrong with a lever action rifle of ant kind, be it rimfire, pistol caliber, or big bore rifle caliber. Particularly any Winchester, Marlin, or repro Winchester. Also, I love shooting older semiautomatic pistols and revolvers; like my Colt Woodsman it Diamondback, S&W Model 36 and 31, or older milsurp handguns.

20. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Rifles

That's tough? I enjoy shooting all of them

22s are a hoot,as well as the semi autos chambered in 5.56 and 7.62 cartridges,I also can't resist smooth slick bolt action rifles! :D