What gun do i get

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jayguy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jayguy

jayguy New Member

Jayguy here.I was planning on buying a gun for under $300. I was plnning on useing it for deer hunting,self defence,and in case a war breaks out:cool: any suggestions:confused:?

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's a huge question to answer. Can to offer a little more information? Do you have anything in mind? because my first thought is that those three activities all require a weapon of their own but there are a couple that could possibly work for all 3.

3. jayguy

jayguy New Member

one that works for all three I had in mind a sks but should I get a shotgun in stead?

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

5. spittinfire

Hey cane, are you going to defend your house with that? I couldn't imagine shooting that thing at an intruder at a distance of 20ft while INSIDE. Sure it would do the job but you better make the first shot count.

6. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

I vote shotgun. Nothing is more versatile than a 12 gauge. You can hunt anything from deer to doves, near perfect for home defense, and a formidable weapon in case of SHTF.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I have an SKS that i love, but home defense would go to my Mossberg 500 with the 18.5" barrel. Now, if war breaks out or zombies attack, i would probably be putting the SKS to use with its increased range & larger magazines.

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Check Mossberg 500 and Remington 870...both can be had w/ interchangeable barrel for around your budget.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, I got a Mossberg like that, and it would fit the bill.

Or, shop around, spend a couple more hundred, and get a Garand...

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Well Spitty, there is always the S&W Governor....:p :D

[​IMG]

But I would suggest maybe a 12 gauge rifled barrel Mossy or Remington shotty, load up on buckshot for inside shooting and sabot slugs for outside. :cool:

11. jismail

jismail Member

Cool toy, but can you believe that in California, that gun is listed in the same catagory as a sawed off shotgun and is therefor illegal to own.....

go figure.....

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yea, I don't like my neighbor much so I'm hopin' to kill two birds with one stone. :cool:

13. spittinfire

You read a lot don't you?:p

You might succeed with that.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

So, The Guvanator can't get a Governor pistol? WEAK! After all the roids, that boy probably has a lot to make up for. :p

15. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Mosin Nagant, you might be able to find a remington 870 for under $300 shotguns are pretty much good for hunting, self protection and zombies.

16. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are going to use it for self defense just make sure you can mount a bayonet.

Mosin-Nagant M44 comes with bayonet can be found for about $100 and ammo is readily available and just plain fun to shoot.

17. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Buy three Mosin's

18. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

get a mossberg shotgun 12 gauge 20 gauge nothing less nothing more. you could probably get two maverick shotguns for about 400 and they are made by mossberg.

pistol for $300. ruger p95 9mm. built like a tank and shoot reliably.

I would stay away from that $100 rifle because termintes would destroy it, it could get water logged or rot lol. seriously.

19. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

It takes quite a bit to **** up a Mosin

[​IMG]