what Generation is this?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sbitter, Jul 6, 2012.

1. sbitter

sbitter New Member

So I have been wanting to buy a glock 17 and I found a good deal but I haven't bought it yet because the guy is saying its a gen 3 but I'm pretty sure its a gen 2. Can anyone tell which one it actually is?

imagejpeg_2_23.jpg

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That is a Gen2. Buy it. The Gen2s are buttery smooth.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

No rail.. not Gen3 for sure. How much is the guy asking anyway... If u don't mind me asking?

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats a gen 2

5. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Yep Gen 2 - side note - no finger groves dead giveaway

6. sbitter

sbitter New Member

I don't mind at all He is asking 400 and thank you all for responding so fast

7. sbitter

sbitter New Member

What do u mean by that? Do they better than the gen 3? And can the gen 2 handle steel casings?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  8. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Not sure of the prices in your area but thats kinda steep for around here, Those on avg go for 275 to 350 depending on the store/seller. I can get em new gen 4 for $500

I would offer him $350 and tell him your being nice at that :p

9. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Especially since ill be tossing the lazer and 33 round mag. Those two things just aren't for me

10. sbitter

sbitter New Member

Got it for 350 plus 150 rounds, 3 mags, 1 33 round mag, and a laser I think it was a good deal over all

11. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 New Member

I'm jumping in a little late since you already made your purchase. For what it's worth my gen.2 17 is my favorite, most accurate Glock I own. I think you made a good purchase. I went shooting earlier today, and dug my 17 out of my safe for the first time this year. I put 100 rounds through it, and it didn't skip a beat. All of my other Glocks are gen.3's. If for some reason I was only allowed to keep one Glock it would be my gen.2 17.