What Firearm or accessory are you researching?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rifling82, May 25, 2018.

1. Lennypeters

Lennypeters Member

I skipped the sidecharging upper mentioned somewhere previously and bought a CMC 2 1/2 pound single stage trigger. FYI on sale at Optics Planet for $129 and free shipping through the end of the month.

dango and IowaShooter like this.
  2. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

I've had a couple of guns in 7.65 Browning (.32ACP) and am still on the lookout for unique or old ones in that calibre

Rifling82 likes this.

3. donthav1

donthav1 Well-Known Member

Researching the kel-tec P32. There was one on gunbroker with really low bid count & bid price, i threw a low bid on it with the thought of "i don't think i will win, but if i get it for that price i will be happy." well turned out nobody outbid me & now it's on its way. Oops.

dango and PeeJay1313 like this.
  4. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

just converted on AR in 223 over to 6.5 Grendel.
    Shoots pretty good so far. It certainly was a bargain price on the upper from Bear Creek Armory (read about it on this site)

dango likes this.
  5. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought Well-Known Member

Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm and Hi Point 4095TS.

First for SHTF scenario for a backpack carryable weapon. (Had a Subk 2k for a while and didn't like it.)

Second to replace my Beretta CX4 Storm under the bed for HD. I want something disposable in case I ever have to use it. The cops will take it, and you're unlikely to ever get it back.

Shopfox and dango like this.
  6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Been looking in to BCM or Bravo Company Mfg. . Serious rifles and systems .
    Also looked into the (Phenom series holsters) , I want one ......:)

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Been researching a DIY 9mm suppressor. I filed an Eform so we will see how long it takes.

dango and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lead bullets vs hard cast bullets.... plated bullets vs lead etc.

OLD Ron likes this.
  9. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Check out PC bullets to rifling .

Rifling82 likes this.
  10. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

Fwiw, I bought a $120 used "disposable" 9mm Hipoint carbine. Accuracy w. handloads is 2" at 100 yards. It has it's share of flaws, but accuracy and reliability are good.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  11. formerCav

I used to shoot lead bullets then when I moved from MN to AZ my "local source" was gone and shipping killed the deal.
    So I bought two different brands of plated bullets and they are GARBAGE... Some of them had BLOW holes in the casting and when I went to seat the bullet in my press, they collapsed. Furthermore, a friend of mine who owns a ransom rest and is a member at a range that has a 55 gallon drum full of cement with studs sticking up to mounty your ransom rest.
    The difference between bullets is totally amazing.
    I found my best bargain to be https://www.precisiondelta.com/
    I was buying 230 grain FMJ in 45 ACP caliber for about $126 per thousand. They shoot accurate, and the price is very competitive.
    We are talking shooting groups from the ransom rest at 25 yards with a gov't model pistol and the plated garbage was lucky to do 5 inch groups. the lead were less then that, the precision delta were 1 inch or less, and Speer Gold Dots were one holers but cost a lot more.

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

.450 Bushmaster Ruger American.....

Rimfire Sports is out of blued 20" GM sporter 10/22 bbls :(

13. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I still want a decent pair of 8X binocs, looking at Meopta and Steiner.
    And maybe a Euro scope for my .30-06
    Still thinking AR in 6.5 Grendel.

14. formerCav

Still thinking AR in 6.5 Grendel.

do yourself a favor and buy a NAME BRAND upper.
    I bought a cheap upper and I've loaded 30 + different loads and the groups are all CRAP.
    I have a Krieger barrel on order now to FIX the problem.
    I have a posting on here elsewhere about the fiasco.. but I have not completed the job when I will write a full report on the deal. so far this is what I got.:

6.5 Grendel COST$

Well, the motivation was this: I've had heart work done. On blood thinners and my beloved .308 caliber M1A's KICK my azz and the doctor is worried I will get blood clots from all the black and blue.

I even down loaded some test rounds 125 grainers instead of 150's and 2600FPS vs 2760 Nato Spec. Still KICKS my azz.

SO.... I sold my M1A's and one FAL stg58 done by gunplumber.

So... I "NEED" something for the TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it). I don't have a lot of faith in the .223 from my vietnam experiences.

So I am downshifting and trying to do it on the THRIFTY side. Since I have a couple of AR 15's, what caliber can I convert to?

After reading and talking with people about 6.8 SPC, 7.62 x 39 (the AK round), and 6.5 Grendel which will all FIT in the AR 15 magazines, the 6.5 is supposed to be the best in accuracy and POOF DUH.

So below is what I got into it SO FAR!!

Now I know why I didn't go out and jump on buying a 10 MM handgun when I already owned a 41 Magnum revolver. Even though I wanted a 10.

By the time I get done and "situated" this will be a $1500 solution!!

upper $190 Bear Creek

2 mags $ 49 JobBobOutfitters

sights $150 TomsTacktical brand is MBUS PRO

tool hd $219 Dillons tool hd and conversion kit

Dies $45 Grafs (lee brand 3 die set)

boolets $219 LuckyGunner (loaded 123 Hornady)

SUB $872

300 brass $115

Powder $60 AR comp and 8208 ONE pound each

More Powder $60 BLC-2 and some other chit… I already have 16# of VARGET from my NRA HP days.

CASE GAGE $30

Brass trimmer 45

NEW TOTAL $1183

still have to buy primers, bullets, powder and more brass !! finding ACCURATE load data is another "hunt".

Bob

I've done 30 + loads.
    even FIRE LAPPED the barrel and it is garbage.
    waiting on that Krieger barrel then I will have some loads and speeds etc to post (BOAST) about.

Rifling82 likes this.