Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a lifelong firearms enthusiast I love all things firearms and firearms accessories. However, I am also an entrepreneur minded man looking to fill gaps that need filled. I have design engineering and manufacturing resources available to produce products and bring them to market quickly. My question is what accessories are missing from the industry or what existing accessory needs dramatically improved?

If this isn't appropriate for this forum please let me know. Just looking to help the community while generating jobs in the process. Thank you for any ideas you might have!

·
Premium Member
14,306 Posts
Tritium front sight for Ruger 10-22.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Brass deflector for 10mm handguns. Glock and 1911s tend to throw the brass up to 50 feet over the shoulder. Cant find it to reload.

I made some prototypes for 1911 using kydex and neodymium magnets... got close to working.
🙄

·
Premium Member
14,306 Posts
You're right. There are options for fiber optic, but not tritium. Using the 10/22 for self defense or night hunting?
Wife's self defense rifle. Has a red dot on it now but that is battery dependent and has to be turned on. I need to get an auto on red dot but a ghost ring and tritium front would eliminate most of the offset at close range.

·
Registered
593 Posts
A rifle weapon for the military that is simpler and better thought out than what they mostly have to use. Better yet, pinpoint systems that don't require boots on the ground for any reason. Saving lives and money might be a good thing. The money thing is the problem though. Dwight Eisenhower knew this very well but nobody listens.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Brass deflector for 10mm handguns. Glock and 1911s tend to throw the brass up to 50 feet over the shoulder. Cant find it to reload.

I made some prototypes for 1911 using kydex and neodymium magnets... got close to working.
🙄
They do throw em don’t they. My RIA piles em pretty nice, but the pile is ten yards away.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

🙄
This is what I use when in indoor ranges that don't allow you to pickup brass.

Reactions: kfox75

·
Premium Member
11,344 Posts
A rifle weapon for the military that is simpler and better thought out than what they mostly have to use. Better yet, pinpoint systems that don't require boots on the ground for any reason. Saving lives and money might be a good thing. The money thing is the problem though. Dwight Eisenhower knew this very well but nobody listens.
Pretty sure James Cameron made a film about that, back in 1983, followed by a superb sequel, and 4 decent attempts at follow ups.

In the Words of Robert Brewster, from the third one "I prefer to keep humans in the loop."

Because at some point, they will switch to AI, and I don't rattle easily, but the thought of that scares the everlovin' **** outta me. Even as a fan of the Terminator film franchise.

They do throw em don’t they. My RIA piles em pretty nice, but the pile is ten yards away.
Same with dad's Mossberg 5500. 5 feet right, 8 feet forward.

Learned that sitting one tree over from him, at age 13, on a squirrel hunt, when I caught a few shells to the back of the head, before changing trees.

For me, it's a comfortable IWB holster. Tried several, and just can't find one.

My wife, compact BUGs, with sights you can swap out, instead of the fixed permanent, tiny ones, that are hard to pick up, in low light. Granted, her G43 can be swapped out, but most offerings, you are stuck, especially in .32 and .380, with what you get from the factory.

I'd tell her to get better glasses, but then she'd see what she married, and kick me to the curb.

Also, a truly reliable electronic ignition system for black powder rifles. Have 2 of them, older CVA and T\C, that never get shot, or in the case of a friends, warm up and light off, without her pulling the trigger. My CVA has failed to ignite on cold days, the T\C is slightly better.

Pretty bad when my matchlock has a better ignition rate, in wet weather, than either of them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wife's self defense rifle. Has a red dot on it now but that is battery dependent and has to be turned on. I need to get an auto on red dot but a ghost ring and tritium front would eliminate most of the offset at close range.
Maybe a Vortex Spitfire would be to your liking. It has an etched retical so if the battery dies you still have a sight picture.
I bought the spitfire II.

·
Premium Member
11,344 Posts
Fox: comfortable IWB, ever try Alien gear?
Wife just ordered one from them, for her (was mine, but we all know how that goes) LC9. Came with a second shell, not sure what she ordered though.

When it comes in, I'll try it out, but I've just never liked the way an IWB feels. Used on for years in NY, forget the brand, and not digging it out just to check, if dad didn't snag it yesterday, along with his .38 Super he dropped off here for a tune up, that is (yes, he still has what I owned in NY, on his permit, and he comes down and swaps them out, and usually steals one of out bikes for a week or two. Left his Vulcan 1600 Classic, and took his old CB750, as well as dropping off his High Power.) Only used one there, because of the concealed only laws.

Just still think, if I find the right one, that could change, so I haven't given up, and gone OWB and pocket carry only.

And yes, I run them for a couple weeks, before calling it.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I thought of something that would be cool. Think of smart homes... a pressure switch for your home defense weapon that, when activated would start a preprogrammed sequence.
Maybe turn on all lights in the house... or strobe them . Start an alarm... just thinking that you would know what is going to happen... the intruder wouldnt... kind of like a panic button.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts