Firearms Talk banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
The quickest way to become a victim is to tell yourself that today nothing bad could happen and murderers and violent felons and illegals aren’t being released due to covid or a corrupt system.

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
Been contoplating this very question lately as my life circumstances have changed.
Protection of my family and mysrlf was the driving force before.

Family that are in near proximity to me now are non existant.

I suppose though dying isnt something i dread now. i refuse to go out on someone elses terms or be left maimed for someone else to have to care for.
Not without my attackers from whatever source they might come from paying a heavy price for the privilege of imposing their will on me .

·
Banned
1,299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
165 Posts
I am sorry, but by the time you get your pant leg pulled up and get that thing in your hand you will most likely be shot three times.
Carrying a self-defense weapon is not a substitute for situational awareness. I carry in different positions at different times, largely depending on the weather (under my off arm, at my off ankle). I also practice drawing my weapons from concealment. I am not going to win any quick-draw competitions, but I also won’t be entering any.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
image.jpg
I guess having nothing beats having something with 5- 22 m critical defense.I had to wear sweats or that Rube Goldberg wouldn’t of been tried. Cook co.Il.you don’t leave it in the car.All I usually wear are carpenters pants
image.jpg

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
For inside the belt I feel comfortable with this cheapo,it’s heavy(33oz) but 7-357s beat 5-38+p
Don't discount Taurus handguns. My model 605 357 is my primary carry, strong side OWB snubby holster backed up by my Bersa Thunder Plus 380, 16 rounds, in a cross-draw OWB holster. I love both handguns, both are ultra-reliable and either will get the job done.
AAA TAURUS 605 357 MAG 1.JPG

AAA TAURUS 605 357 MAG 3.JPG

AA BERSA 380 02.JPG

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Very nice. The Taurus is very good and at the time it cost half a S&W.I had a firing pin spring repaired 3 months ago,but I still respect that firepower

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
QUOTE="OldGnome, post: 2333048, member: 61759"]Because to need it and not have it would be tragic.

I carry everywhere I am allowed to carry. Consequently, I carry everywhere except my doctor’s office.

Those commercial establishments who refuse my right to carry don’t get to enjoy my business.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I carry at my Dr's office. If they were to ask me not to, i would probably honor that, but it isnt posted.
Agree on other establishments that are posted. But honestly, if i have to go into one, i carry anyway. Out here, if they did see my cc weapon they could ask me to leave or stow it in a locker. It's only if i refuse that a trespassing charge is a potential.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My answer to this question is that:

I'd rather have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

I see no downside to having a gun but the potential downside to not having one is something that I'm not willing to contemplate.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Don't leave home without it and my doctor carries and doesn't mind that I do.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Have a lock box cabled to the seat frame of my truck. I go anywhere carrying's prohibited or frowned upon, I lock it up, slide it under the seat. That includes the doctor's office. No one there needs to know I carry or even own a gun. Health records can open the door to a Red Flag situation.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts