what does everybody think of the sigma s&w

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dirtysouth, Jul 26, 2008.

1. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

i have a sigma S&W and love it looks like a glock feels like a glock crap s&w has to pay glock just want everybodys opinion

2. Righteous

Righteous New Member

I dont mind the guns its those dam crappy triggers in them I hate, if S&W would shorten and lighten them up a tad or at least make it where you can adjust it

3. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

yeah your right about the trigger being bit on the heavy side it would be nice for a lighter trigger

4. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

:) Hey, as long as it goes, 'BANG!' when you pull the trigger.

Personally, I'd rather have a Glock; but, I'm starting to suspect that you would too. ;)

5. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

nope already have a glock i just like the sigma almost everything from the glock fits on them and there cheap

6. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

I already had my Glock 19 and got a Sigma. It went bang when I pulled the trigger and the trigger pull was crappy. I cain't say anything really bad about it. I just would'nt reach for it first, the Glock 19 is a better gun and fit for me.So I traded it with some cash and got a XDc45 in D.E. Much happier...:D

7. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

I have a Sigma in .40 S&W, good gun but it does have a stiff trigger. so far no problems though.

8. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I'm issued a Sigma 40VE by my employer and it is a good gun. Once you get used to the trigger, it's not a bad shooter. It shoots as well as I do. I wouldn't mind owning one, but my primary off duty carry gun is something else.

[​IMG]

9. calibaker420

calibaker420 New Member

the conversions dont fit though that i thougt would be really nice because my friend has one and it almost fits a little too short. but i think the sigma was a good buy and once you get used to it it kinda grows on you i have it as my home defense weapon behind my 870 express

10. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

I like the SW9VE a lot. It's simple, straightforward, inexpensive, and reliable. I feel that the heavy trigger is a safety feature that I can easily adapt to. As a civilian, if I ever have to point it at someone, I don't want to worry about buttons, switches, or nervous twitches in one of the most intense moments of my life. I have no problem getting solid hits with an SW9VE at typical home and personal defense ranges. Plus at $360 or less (with rebates, extra magazines, etc.), the SW9VE is a great buy for a modern, name brand, American-made, firearm. To me, it's one of the last remaining bargains in the shooting world.

A Handgun Review: The Smith & Wesson SW9VE Enhanced Sigma 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - Associated Content

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  11. user4

user4 New Member

In my opinion, the S&W Sigma (in .40) is the worst POS I've ever had the misfortune of firing. It's no Glock and to compare it to Glock is an insult to plastic guns everywhere. The Sigma is inaccurate and painful to fire, which causes even worse grouping as you will start anticipating. There may be worse guns on the market, but I have yet to fire one. If you can get it for $200 and can get a written agreement from any home invader to be sure to be within 10' before you pull the trigger, by all means, go for it. Otherwise, sell it and buy a good compound bow and a few arrows.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

What do you really think, Ineff?

13. user4

user4 New Member

I think S&W should stick to revolvers

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is what they do best. Their best is very good!

15. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 New Member

When the Sigma first came out I think in 1994 it had some issues besides being sued by Glock for copyright issues. It was promoted as a law enforcement firearm and had a number of problems and a lot of departments where not happy. That was then and from about 99 on they fixed the issues and it is a very fine firearm. Yes the trigger-pull sucks but the mag are cheap and the firearm seems to be very reliable. I am still a Glock fan but I would not have a problem with owning a Sigma. I have in the past and have put a thousand rounds or so through one. Mine worked well.

Just one mans thoughts.

16. njjohnson

njjohnson New Member

I have the Sigma in .40 and am not happy with the trigger (go figure). Also, after having had had it for awhile, I'm starting to think that it's not a very attractive gun. Just my thoughts.

17. deth502

deth502 New Member

sounds like operator error [​IMG]

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Sigma trigger was designed to mimic the D/A pull of a revolver to make transition easier. I think it does that well. While it is not a match gun, I can clean any Q course we offer with either of mine.

The grip is one of it's finest attributes (IMHO). It feels FAR better than the Glock.

If you cannot shoot it well, practice. They are plenty accurate. I can routinely take out 12 ga hulls at 25 yards off hand with my 9V.

19. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

20. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I'm actually glad you resurrected this thread because I was actually wondering about this.

No offense to Shihan or Robo, but a friend of mine owned one and I shot it. Just like everything else in this world, some will like and some won't. I personally hated the Sigma. I felt like I needed a truck to pull the trigger, but robo already stated why that is. I did not think it was a Glock clone like some people have stated.