What does a "lead-colored" bullet look like?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by perezandric, Jan 16, 2011.

1. perezandric

perezandric New Member

Hello, guys. I am trying to picture in my mind a bullet that is described as " lead colored, pointed nosed, hunting round." by the man who found it.

What does "lead color" in a bullet look like? Can you point to a lead-colored bullet image on the net? Thanks.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Lead is a gray silver color, brass is yellow gold colored

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

New lead is shiny silver. Old lead is dull gray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. perezandric

perezandric New Member

Thanks, guys.

The reason I asked this question is that the guy in Parkland Hospital who found the bullet that allegedly killed John F. Kennedy while hitting Governor John Connally at the same time, said in 1966 interview that this bullet was "lead-colored" and "pointed nosed, hunting round."

But the Warren Commission said this was the bullet:

[​IMG]

http://www.ctka.net/2010/journeyCE399.html

5. Richz99

Richz99 New Member

That bullet was from Oswald. The guy on the grassy knoll was shooting the cheap stuff.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Being a magic bullet it obviously had the ability to change it's appearance.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Bullet in the photo is a typical 6.5 mm Carcano round nosed full jacketed military surplus bullet. T'aint pointy. Would also point out that bullets for high powered rifles typically are jacketed if they are spitzers (pointy) and round nosed if they are lead. There are few spitzer bullets that are bare lead tipped (Jacketed soft point), but do not stay pointy after hitting someone- or two someones, as in Kennedy/ Connally. And the jacket is jacketing metal- usually cupro-nickel alloy.

Without getting into the whole grassy knoll thing, the carcano with milsurp jacketed ammo could punch thru a lot of stuff and hold shape- TOUGH jackets. Have shot thru steel well casings with one when I did not have a drill (from 50 yards)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That's what a lead bullet looks like with Kennedy blood stain.

9. Charger Fan

Charger Fan New Member

Good one!!:D