Firearms Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Sorry, thats not what im trying to do.
I sent you a PM

I am not seeing the jihad link. The company is Crest Ultrasonic. They are international and they make stuff for hospitals and all sorts of stuff other than gun cleaning gear.

I have removed the links in case I am the only one who can't see the JIHAD notice...

JD

The link worked fine for me. Took me to their website, and had a picture of the cleaner that you described, the one with black rifles in it and leaning against it. Had information for it and whatnot.

-Fred

Sorry all. JD's link worked just fine.
I clicked on another link on that page for distributors and got a bad link on my PC
Dont know why:confused:
Sorry-----Gate

I've been using Break-Free CLP. Im almost out.
Someone use Synthetic motor oil? Jack maybe??
I think I read someone here recommend it.
Might just buy a quart of Mobil 1 next time.:)
Yes, I use Amsoil synthetics, Mobile 1 is more available for others. They both work exceptionally.

Jack

used to carry a quart of motor oil with me in the army when we went out on excercise or deployment. kept the M-60 running longer under extended use. crack ope the feed tray turn the gun over andpour a bit in when there was no time to clean and lube properly.

on a regular rifle i use breakfree CLP soak the part in question let it sit a bit then wipe off. breakfree is better than rem oil it doesnt gunk up over time and breaks up the carbon and a simple wipe is all you need to clean most parts.

im not a fan of rem oil in the slightest i dont like what it does on a weapon that has sat in the cabinet for months without being touched. since i have around 40 firearms some i just collect others are frequent shooters i prefer a product that doesnt have a whole lot of negatives.

This is odd but I must be outta date here...I've been using the same bottle of Outers gun oil for 20 years and it has never gummed up or failed me. It's almost empty and I might have to break in to that 40 year old bottle of Singer sewing maching oil I got from my Mom back in the 70's...:D

Castrol Syntech 5W30. I will switch over to the Mobil 1 when my quart runs out (in about 5 more years).

Just a drop on the raised ring between the lugs and the cam pin hole.

HUH mobil 1 never thought about That. I use Moly grease on all my other rifles. I will start with it on the AR ifn I don't like it I will switch to mobil 1.

Never ever will I use CLP I can't stand the smell of that crap. Makes me wanna vomit every time I smell it.

Pretty much any high quality motor oil in 5W30 or lighter will suffice. The synthetics are better suited, though. I started using the Syntec as I used it in my car and some of the IPSC crowd swore by it. I no longer use Syntec in my cars as the "true" synthetics like Mobil 1 are pretty much the same price around here and offer MUCH better protection than the Hydro-cracked Castrol. Once my stash of Syntec runs out, I will use the Mobil 1 on my guns.

When you change the oil in your car (if you are a do it yourselfer) just save the drips in the oil bottles. It will not take long to accumulate enough oil to keep you going for a while.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.