What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by pumpkinball, Jul 26, 2010.

1. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

Okay, I'm going to strike up alot of opinions here, but I just want to see what every one has to say. I was talking with a guy about two weeks ago and we got on the conversation of "ïf you were only allowed one firearm of your own choice to serve you as well as possible, what would it be?" So here it is. Yes I know there is no such thing as an "All-In-One" weapon, but I think that I've created an awesome piece that puts it really close. You guessed it a 12 guage. But wait, there's a twist. I'm not talking about a pump or auto loader, I'm talking about a single shot. Why? Well, a single shot has alot less to go wrong. This is your only weapon you can ever have, remember? Less parts to fail leads to reliability. Plus who doesn't have an H&R or NEF, right? A little searching and I found all the goodies I need to make it most versatile. Collapsable stock with pistol grip, butt pad, and two side saddle shell holders and forend; Muzzle mount; tactical light and/or lazer; and a heat sheild with ghost ring sights. Still don't sound like any thing? Okay first you know that shotgun ammo is cheap for target and you can get so many different types. You can get bird, turkey, buck, slug, or specialties such as flachette, dragons breathe, buck and ball, double slug, door busters, and so many more. This being your versatility. No, it's not as fast as a pump, but with lots of practice, I've gotten to where I can shoot three skeet to my dad's five in one pull. 'That's pretty darn fast with a single. Rifled slugs group on average 12" at 150 yards. Oh, and yes it is sawn down to 19". This is still good for hunting, talking about it, just shooting, trap shooting, home defence, or a truck gun. Plus it just looks cool as crap to me. Alright I'm done. What do you have to say.

Attached Files:

2. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

There's 1000's of guns I'd pick over what you have pictured. I can't see any reason what so ever to waste money on such a useless gun.

3. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

Fine......Keep it under 275 with all that I have, and meet all the points that I was going for and tell me what those thousands of guns are A5Mag12!!!

4. Deadman1

Deadman1 New Member

Hmmm, looks great! And between shots you could always attempt to burn their retina's out with the laser while reloading. :D Hahaha, really I'm just kidding, sorry. :p

I actually want one of those single shots in .500 S&W mag.

5. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

A single shot is useless in a SHTF scenario. Great for teaching a kid how to shoot (I have 4) but not much better than a pocket full of rocks for defending a home. I guess you could just ask the bad guys to only come one at a time. Sometimes brand new shells from all manufacturers go click. If my Model-12 (my HD shotgun) goes click I can have another shell chambered in less than a second.

Plus,, there is no force on earth that would make me only have one gun. Or only a dozen or 4 to 5 dozen for that matter. A man should at least have a gun for every year he's been weened. Here's a few I'd choose first.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I don't know. It was me and a shotgun was going to be my one and only weapon I still think I'll take a pump action over a single shot. THere are not enough parts to make it impossible to take down and maintain. Parts are available and I like working on my firearms.

@pumpkinball
    I'm not knocking your idea. It it works for you then great. I'm not one that believes that everyone needs hi-cal weapons. I carry a 1911 most the time. and sometimes not with extra mags. But I do like having more than one round available to me at a time. I have pretty quick hands thanks to my percussionist hobby. But I don't want to put that to the test when it's my life I'm gambling. But by all means. If you are comfortable with this set up then use it. There's a reason there are so many different types of firearm. One size does not fit all.:)

7. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

And a few more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

In case it really gets deep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

You can never have enough pumps. Unless you have a set of them.
    [​IMG]

The only question that one gun is the answer to is. What do you bring to a knife fight?

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is better:

[​IMG]

12. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

One size doesn't even fit one. As your mood changes so should your gun.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn showoff! :rolleyes:

You better be a shooting all them rifles and shottys, and damn regularly too, or I will be calling the Firearms Neglect and Abuse Rescue Task Force on your ass! :eek: ;)

Jack

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You are right about that. I have more than one 1911 just because my mood changes as to what I want to shoot. My collection is not near yours but I have a few around here. :)

Right tool for the right job and all. Here in Ky if you have less that 10 I think they make you move:D

15. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

Makes a better acronym. :p

"F.A.R.T. Force, everyone down!"

16. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

All I need is my main 12 gauge pump shotgun. Remington 870 that I bought new in 1987. Since then it's been through hell & back and never has given me any problems whatsoever. No one's taking my pump-action shotguns(5),
    only from the business end. ;)
    I don't have a H&R or NEF. When you own the best why mess with the rest. :cool:

Nice collection, A5Mag12

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  17. rugermatt

rugermatt New Member

i would have to take my mossberg 500, it never fails, and i can change the barrel. it really depends on the situation though, some situations i think someone would be better off with a hand gun.

18. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I could not pick just one gun. If there were an exacuation order and I was told to bring only one gun...I would still be staring into my safe as the bus drove away.

19. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hahaha :D I can't stop laughing to myself like a lunatic. That'd be me as well haha.

20. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Now this is something I would need to see to believe. :D