What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by diggsbakes, Mar 5, 2010.

1. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

OK, so a young gal employed by my usual gun store has recently obtained a certification from Duracoat so she can put custom finishes on firearms. I had a bottle of some black semi-gloss that I wanted to put on a gun myself, but never had the time.

I took it in and she said she'd do it for $60, not bad price and that she'd have it done in about a week. This was over a month ago. I called 2 days ago and asked how it was going and her response was "I haven't even started it yet". I'm going down there to pick up an order later today or tomorrow and was thinking about just asking for the gun back and doing it myself, but I don't want to cause bad blood with the owners as they have always given me great treatment.

What say you?

D

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Unless you've lost all confidence in her technical skills, why not just ask her when it will be done & what happened to the "about a week" timeline? If she doesn't have an explanation or gets in a huff (covering), then ask for it back & handle it yourself while having a reasonable explanation should the owners take an interest.

Maybe she will offer a discount for the delay or give you a more firm delivery date..........or flash some boobs, boobs almost always make me feel better. :)

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I strongly favor the boobs idea. ;)

4. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Tell them you need the gun and do it yourself. What kind of training does it take to coat a gun. If you can point a pistol, you can point a spray gun or an aerosol can.

5. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

It's not the skill that prompted me to take the gun there. It's the time factor. First you have to thoroughly clean/degrease the gun (this involves a chemical cleaning, followed by heat, followed by more cleaning) , remove all furniture, etc. Plus, she's a young gal trying something new to make money and I thought I'd give her a shot.

Update: I went in today to pick up a Remy and she approached me and said she guarantees completion in one more week. If she does a good job I'll let her do the stock for the Remy.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I still vote for boobs...and if she does, your camera phone better be workin':D

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The complexities of modern finishes, by their very complexity, are prone to exponentially more Quality Control issues than standard bluing techniques. For example.....
    Wait, who said "Boobs"?

9. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

YAY BOOBIES[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    no matter how long you watch this you will never see what you want:D

10. MGH

MGH New Member

I hate you Darin!!! your post is awesome but your avatar threw me off big time!

11. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

yeah it kept messin' with me too so I changed it. It was for a local Glock fanboy around here anyway.

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Good lord those are some boobies.

Let me clear this up:

THIS GIRL'S BOOBIES WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THAT! ! !

On the brighter side. This new bartender at my local pub does have an upper body similar to that. My new favorite spot to sit at the bar is in front of the sink. She washes a lot of dishes. :cool:

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Groovy! Good for her for stepping up first, too. Better if she had flashed some boob to get your attention, but hey. :D

Ain't nothing like a woman who knows her way around the kitchen. :)

14. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Does this look about right?
    [​IMG]

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

She's been washing that same knife for 5 minutes. I'm gonna give her another 5, then I'm sayin' something!

16. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Knife? What knife Gate???:confused:

17. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Knife???? Oh, sorry. I was having a fantasy there for a moment or 10. The reciprocating motion of her hand was causing a mental substitution. Now I am soooo disapointed.

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Applying Dura Coat is not all that big a deal. I have a small compressor and air brush just for that. They sell those disposable systems if you just want to do one or two then not fool with it again as well. If it was me I"d pick it up and just do it myself.

19. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Close, except the bar maid leans over farther, they look more soft than firm and she's got a little bit of a beer gut. Not complaining one bit though. ;)

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Shouldn't the blade be facing away from the sponge though?

Yes, i keed. :D Vewy nice!