What do you think of this rifle?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by CA357, May 28, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"Interarms Mark x Mannlicher stock 30-06 20" BBL. This classic Mauser action is a commercial big ring M98. Solid and reliable! Perfect for dangerous game or a custom build. Gun is in good condition. There are a few light scratches on the stock from hunting but very minor. Blueing is rich and beautiful,one light scratch doesn't go thru blue. The bore has no rust and looks to be in good shape. Not sure how many rounds thru it as I'm not the first owner. I never fired it.Purchased to hunt Black Bear and Hogs but the wood is just too beautiful to drag thru the brush! Gun comes with a boresighted 3-9x42 simmons scope in great condition. Includes the QD leupold bases and rings shown in photo and a brand new set of weaver bases."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nice wood....Proof is in the shooting. The full length foregrip is interesting!! I'll be right over! :D

3. CA357

Give me a call.

4. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

she's a buity, just by the looks of her she should shoot like a dream.

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Put a good scope on that thing and go forth & slay the beasts! Congrats on a GREAT looking rifle! I wouldn't worry too much about scratching it up. They'll be marks of remembrance of great hunts of past.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I have always liked those full barrel stocks.

Old School Kool! :cool:

7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I love the look of those stocks. I think Ruger or CZ call it the international stock.

Beautiful gun there!

8. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The proper name for the stock is Mannlicher. They're good guns. I had one years ago.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

I've always heard them called Manlicher style stocks. I too have always admired them, but have never owned one. Is the barrel bedded full length or free floated all that way?

10. CA357

I'll be removing that scope and putting on a much better one. However, it's basically a free Simmons 3-9 scope for the drawer. ;)

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Something about a Mannlicher stock! Very nice rifle! You may be suprised at how well that stock will hold up. It is not worth a dime unless you use it or sell it.

12. CA357

I plan on shooting the heck out of it. :cool:

13. CA357

I've always loved Mannlicher stocked rifles, but this will be my first. I love rifles with a Schnabel forearm as well, but have never owned one.

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

And yet.... Another awsome rifle there Don.:cool:

15. CA357

I'm very excited about this one Amigo. :cool:

16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks like a dandy rifle. I'd shoot it!

17. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Thanks. Always learning, gotta love the FTF :)

18. Wambli

Wambli Member

You should be!!! They are beautifuly made guns that for some reason tend to fly under the radar. Someday folks are going to realize how nice they really are and the prices are going to go through the roof on those. I had a regular stocked Interams MarkX and in a moment of stupidity I decided I had too many 30-06s and I sold it. One of the few guns I really beat myself up for selling, it was gorgeous AND a shooter.

19. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Same here +1 :cool: