What do YOU think of the g23 gen3

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by EMTchad, Nov 8, 2011.

1. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

How do you guys feel about the glock 23 3rd generation? Still waiting on my days to pick one up

2. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

You will get varied responses here on the .40 cal. I love mine, would not trade it or give it up for anything. Great firearm and excellent choice !

3. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

X2.

I did have to under cut the trigger guard to get my fat fingers to fit in the grooves though. Now it really works for me.

4. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Once you get one, you will keep it. Although there are a few others on my wish list, my G23 has special value to me:eek:. Maybe because it was my first Glock but others will agree.

5. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Thanks guys, it will be my first block ever. I hear good things about the g23 so far

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hard to beat the G23, I love mine. I did handle both the Gen 3 and 4 side by side and had to go with the Gen4 though it wasn't a huge difference. I have average hands and liked the smaller grip with no added backstrap.

7. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Hahaha, yeah man it felt okay in my hands. Wasn't like my 1911 springer but
    It felt better than other glocks and I wanted something sub compact as a backup pistol. 4th gen is not available in Cali yet

8. loucip

loucip New Member

Well I have a Sig P239 in 9mm and love it. The workman ship is really great. In June I bought a Glock 23 and really love it for a lot of different reasons.

9. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Sweet, what are the reasons?

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I think the Glock 23 is the perfect self defense pistol and I love the 40S&W. Hard to top this combo. If you want I can later post a link to Hickok 45's new video of the G23. He compares his Gen 2 that he's had for years with the Gen4.

11. AOK

AOK New Member

Great firearm. Dependable, concealable and good capacity. I loved my first one so much I bought a second. One is stock with mepro night sights and the other one is my EDC set up with a stipple job, Trijicon HD night sights, serrations accross the top of the slide, and a TLR1 light. Internals are all stock. My perfect carry gun.

12. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I just bought a 23gen4 today. This isnt my first glock, and I love my wilson 1911. That being said I really enjoy this gun. I would say if at all possible, get the gen 4 instead of the gen 3. The larger mag release is a selling point for me. I am 5'10 and 170 lbs. I dont have a real problem concealing this. I carry 3'o clock in a de santis intruder holster.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Attached Files:

13. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Beautiful gun, however California doesn't have gen 4. And thanks guys for the awesome info.

14. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

I like it so far. I have one as well. it was my first gun. I do want to get a revolver and a 9mm later on for the wife to have tho.