What do you think of Sellier & Bellot ammo

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Don Davis, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

What do you think of Sellier & Bellot ammo

:cool:

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Bought a case of .357 of S+B some time back, no troubles with it...

3. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Decent in terms of price, quality, not too dirty. Never had a problem with it.

4. oli700

oli700 New Member

the primers are harder than average so if you have potential light strike problems this is one of the bullets it will show up on, shoots great though

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have shot around 300 rds of 9mm . It is decent ammo and the price was right when I bought it , No issues here

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I like it. Shoots pretty well generally has a good price tag

7. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

It is, in my opinion, the best kept secret in ammo. I use S&B 230 grain FMJ as my standard .45 carry ammo. Also in my short barrel .40 XD Subcompact. I buy it a lot for range ammo too. It is a little more powerful than the standard range ammo like WWB so it gives a more realistic feeling of what high dollar carry ammo will shoot like without the high dollar price tag.

8. SWIll

SWIll New Member

I shoot the 148 gr wadcutters out of my j-frame. Price is good, no issues with reliability so far. They smoke a little more than some others.

9. Cracker7

Cracker7 New Member

Very good stuff. Cheap range ammo with no problems. My glocks eat it up.

10. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Love it.. Favorite range ammo!! 0 problems with 9mm or .40

11. marc29th

marc29th Member

No problems with it in either .380 Auto or 9mm. Put hundreds of rounds of it down range.

12. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

This is the only ammo I have found so far that my P11 does NOT like. Had many,many ftf's and fte's with one box. My home made reloads are much better anyways.

Tim

13. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

I like it well enough. I figure my CZs were probably deigned with it in mind lol

14. jyo

jyo New Member

I've shot a couple of thousand S&B 9mm in various pistols---several hundred rds 45 ACP---no problems---probably some in other calibers---simply good, clean factory ammo---I am sure I still have quite a bit in storeage.

15. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

dirty stuff, but I'm spoiled by a local commercial reloader whose ammo runs clean

16. Tillman7777

Tillman7777 New Member

In my Bersa Thunder 380 out of a seven round mag I get a minimal of two jams using this ammo. Reloads, winchester and other brands feed correctly. I saw on the Bersa forum that this ammo is not recommended in 380......

17. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I like the .45 ACP 230gr FMJ in my Kimber Ultra. Works.
    I like the sealed primer and bullet. Works