What do you think about this holster/belt?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jimogden1984, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I got this online for $35, just came in the mail today and so far it seems like a great idea. Haven't had a chance to wear it out yet but it seems to hold my xdm very snug and secure. It also holds the gun very close to my body so it would appear to be good for both cc and oc. It is kind of a pain when placing my gun in the loop when I'm wearing the belt but I assume it will get easier as the leather breaks in. The one thing I'm not sure about is legally could I get in trouble if the law has language in it like "properly holstered firearm". I'm sure we've all seen the leather holsters that clip on your belt which cover pretty much only the trigger just as this belt does. Anyone have an idea on the legalities?

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Pic or link!? Lol

3. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Well from what i can see now (nothing), the color seems a bit pale, even white, and it's very rectangular for a holster, i suppose if you like how it sits on your hip (impossibly, it's a computer screen), then i'd say it was a wonderful purchase :D

4. ndfi78

ndfi78 New Member

LOL with thatonespot :)

5. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Sorry bout that haha

Attached Files:

6. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Now if only I could figure out why theyre upside down and sideways

7. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Pretty much along the lines of a Yaqui Slide... However this style doesn't offer you hardly (if any) cant at all for drawing smoothly. It's a directly vertical draw which can be problematic for you. If you wear it under a coat it will be critical for you to make sure the coat is pulled up and away far enough to not interfere with your pull.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Well it obviously has great retention as the gun stays in the holster while you are hanging upside down.

9. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

you can tilt it forward a little bit not much. As for the coat I was planning this to be more of a summer cc or oc. If I need a coat then I won't have to worry about printing as much which gets pretty bad in the summer months with a regular holster as I'm a fairly thin guy

10. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Thin body frame is good, For a belt carry rig in summer I like the Don Hume JIT holster (gunners alley) http://http://www.gunnersalley.com/ they ride higher up into the side and kidney area. Jams, wife beaters and a tropical collared unbuttoned shirt is my beach kick around dress.

11. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

You paid $30 too much. (IMO)

12. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

you might be right. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet. What little I have worn it so far though it felt good and seemed to have plenty of support

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Looks to be an OK leather belt. I have used belt slide holsters which is kind of the same thing. The lack of cant is the big difference.
    The downside is that belts stretch over time. That will probably make this rig of yours less effective over time. Still should get your moneys worth of belt use out of it though.

14. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have two worries with this, although it is obviously lightweight and comfortable. I always make my holsters with a full sweat shield between me and the gun. Not only is this for the gun's finish, but to avoid it digging into me when I sit. The other problem is that there is no positive retention. Unlike a Kydex holster which "clicks" and locks the gun in place or a Safariland retention system, if you fall or get knocked down, there is nothing to keep the gun from falling out. Also, anyone grabbing for it in a struggle has no resistance.

If it does what you wish, then enjoy! I'd be sure to run it through some real-world testing before betting your life on it. ;)

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not very experienced but I would prefer a real holster. That's just my opinion.

16. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

it doesn't have the click but is very surprising how well it holds. You're right about the stretching out though. I thought about it rubbing against my skin before I bought it, I figure I've been ocing more and more which takes care of that and when I wanna cc I can just wear an undershirt. I do plan on taking a real holster with me for the first couple weeks until it can prove itself.

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you want to carry your gun like that get a 3 slot pancake holster. Your gun will be in the same place plus your pistol will be secured. I would hate to see you disarmed by a 10 year old.

18. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

If your handgun is concealed it does not matter how much is or is not covered. Now if you can be comfortable with it is another thang. Some folks use a clip only or boot grip only on handguns. And there the ole Mexican carry still get used.

I just bought a Bianchi Foldaway to try out. Works well enough with the kahrs I carry for the little time I have had it and it . Only time will tell if it stays around.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bianchi+foldaway&qpvt=bianchi+foldaway&FORM=IGRE

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  19. JW357

JW357 New Member

When I saw the first picture I thought two things: fist, that you were carrying your gun with the barrel point up. Then I realized the pics upside down. Then I thought you had only stuck your gun in a belt and called it a holster. I'm sitting there like... Um...

Then I noticed the picture showing the loop in the belt. Suddenly it all made sense.

Personally I wouldn't carry like that. I would be worried about the trigger guard. It looks like it isn't covered very well. And if the belt stretches like someone suggested might happen, the gun could drop lower in the belt, thus exposing the trigger guard more. Personally I just wouldn't like it. But if you like it, more power to ya.

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well- its a step up from getto carry ;)