what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by beastmode986, May 9, 2012.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg[/ame]

just stupid, a cop jumps out of his car, he does not say hes an officer at first he jumps out and demands the man to get off the motorcycle and puls a gun on him before he ststes hes an officer....
    guy got 16 years for filming the incident from what i hear.
    Honestly what do you guys think americas coming to? to me i think it will soon be a communist country. home of the brave land of the free now all it is is home of the brave. america is being ruined and gets worse every year i swear i might leave the country when i can.

2. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

there have also been alot of gun control laws. What would you guys personally do if the government tryed taking away your guns i mean all of them and not allowing you to ever own one again?

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have seen this video before. I am a die hard biker. The way I feel about it is any A##Hole that will risk the lives of everyone around them by doing 127 mph and doing wheelies in traffic deserves to have a gun pulled on him. He is lucky some pissed off motorist didnt open their door on him. From what I saw in the video the cop did a stand up job just by keeping his cool. The guy is lucky he didnt end up a hood ornament!

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is make one from scratch. Besides I'll never give up my black powder.

5. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

thats true but ok lets say you are riding and open carrying or concealed carry and you stop or whatever and someone cuts you off gets out of there car and pulls a gun on you then demands you to get off of your bike without announcing hes an officer?

6. Rick1967

I am always carrying. And if I was riding like a total dumba$$ like that guy, I would figure he was a cop, and I was going to jail.

If someone pulled a gun on me for no reason and didnt identify themself...I would draw and fire as soon as I had the opportunity.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Atleast then you'd be doing 16 years for a reason.

8. Rick1967

Lets be serious for a minute. There is no way I would have fired on someone is a situation like that video. Cops dont generally draw down on people for no reason while not identifying themselves. I am talking about an actual self defense type situation.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I assumed that. You can usually tell if someone is a cop or military. No badge required.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I hear that old guys are considered sexy now. Does not mean that is accurate.

If you have some information on that 16 yrs part, please share it- otherwise, we are at the gossip and latrine rumor stage. Yes, have seen the video before.

11. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

all true as mentioned above, yes he was wrecklessly driving but what he got in trouble for also was for filming the incident and that was an extra charge however i do think that he was driving irresponsibly

12. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

124 mph hour on a bike is so responsible on a public road huh. :rolleyes:

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

were we seeing the same video? because the officer said it twice he was state police and yes his pistol was in his hand, but he never pointed it at the guy on the motorcycle and holstered it as soon as he turned off the motorcycle. the idiot was doing 127 mph, common sense tells you the guy was a cop! i don't the officer doing anything wrong other than stopping someone for speeding and reckless driving that endangered others and himself.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Looked like a reckless driving bust to me. The only thing I think the LEO should have done differently would be to present his badge instead of his gun.

Other than that I think along with the infraction, the biker sewed up the prosecution's case by posting the video on YouTube.

15. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Bad things happen when you're stupid....

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

kind of hard to plead 5th admendment when your own evidence (YOUTube!) is posted in the public! talk about self incrimination!

17. AZL

AZL New Member

What's the big deal?

The officer clearly drew his weapon as any smart officer would during what was most likely a felony stop in that jurisdiction. Policy in his department most likely mandated that he approach a felony stop with a weapon drawn (this is what is called "Threat Management" in LE parlance). He didn't index his weapon ON the subject, and as soon as he had exited the car, and gave instruction to turn the bike off, he verbally identified himself, and holstered when the subject gave compliance.

The officer's badge was clipped to his belt, next to his holster. I am fairly certain, that the badge was in view of the subject, though at the camera angle we had...it wasn't terribly apparent, but the camera does not have the field or depth of view that the "Mk 1 Eyeball" has. BUT...with all that being said...the officer DID clearly identify himself within the first 1-2 seconds of the contact.

Yes...it probably WAS a felony stop, as MOST juridcitions throughout the nation speed in excess of 100MPH is a felony...along with all the other violations the subject on the bike stacked up.

As we do not know whether or not the subject on the bike tried to outrun the marked Vic that he passed earlier in the video...I can only speculate that there was an aggravating factor of 'fleeing and eluding" which is also a felony in most jurisdictions, especially if you add the "reckless endangerment" which clearly existed while the subject was repeatedly speeding, doing a wheelie, and weaving in and out of traffic like an idiot, thus creating a real and immediate danger not only to himself, but every other motorist on the highway. The officer was correct in appraoching the situation with his weapon in hand. If you remember in the video, the subject, at one point looked back very quickly after he had passed the marked cruiser, and very possibly, the cruiser was already in pursuit...and the guy on the bike continued to travel in excess of 80mph (that is where the fleeing and eluding comes back in).

Here's where some of you will argue that he was "only speeding" or that you can handle your bike at that speed...whatever. Good for you. BUT...what about the guy driving the motor home who gets cut off, or the little old lady in her Buick who gets cut off, stomps the brakes to keep from hitting the subject, and a pile up ensues?

The guy on the bike was a moron, and was riding like a moron, and endangering everyone around him with his antics.

When the officer in plain clothes stopped him...the guy on the bike had a real opportunity to use the bike itself as a weapon and cause death or grave bodily harm to the officer. That, in itself, is a good reason for the officer to have had his weapon in hand.

Truth is...the officer didn't do anything wrong, while the subject on the motorcycle didn't do anything right.

As for the 16 years? I know nothing about that...if in fact it happened...who knows what other mitigating circumstances existed? Prior convictions? Possession of dope? Who knows?

Shame on him for being stupid.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The big deal to me is somebody got 16 years for making the same videotape

the cops now do, as a matter of course, on every stop?

How is that illegal?

19. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

The guy is clearly a moron... :)

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  20. AZL

AZL New Member

As I mentioned...I have NO idea about the 16 years for "making a video tape", thus I can't speak to it. I was speaking ONLY to the complaint that the officer had his weapon out.

If you WANT me to say anything about the video tape...here it is: The guy was an idiot for making it (along with being an idiot for all the other asshattery he did on the bike), as it was evidence HE created and was "subsequent and incidental to arrest" used against him. The JUDGE, not the cop sentenced him. SOMEONE convicted him, or he took a plea deal...again...it wasn't the cop who convicted him.

The dash cam is just a part of the cruiser and it's use is mandatory in most of the departments I am aware of. Think about it...it's a damned good thing too...there is time-stamped video evidence of everything an officer does on a given stop. So, for those who say "all cops are bad, and get away with anything they want, and have no oversight"...well, that camera IS oversight. It has damned sure proven a lot more officers innocent of false allegations and provided corroboration for statements officers have given, than it has ever caught cops being naughty. Hell yeah...keep the dash cam.