What do you guys do with the empty plastic ammunition trays?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Vincine, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

What do you guys do with the empty plastic ammunition trays?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you mean the ones that come inside cardboard boxes. I've kept a few for reloading, to rebid ammo and sort different loads. Once I got more than I can use, I put them in the recycle bin.

For .22 lr if the whole box is plastic, I saved some of those as well for dividing up some of my bulk ammo for taking to the range. Then recycled the rest.

Rifle ammo that has the inserts that can be used as a belt ammo carrier: I saved a few.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i save mine for using for sorting ammo after reloading. i also save the cardboard boxes the ammo comes in as well.

4. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I have one on my desk right now holding pens and pencils.:)

5. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Saved a couple to organize the barrel brush heads on the benchtop.

6. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I use some to hold milling bits.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

I keep enough to carry ammo if I need to fly anywhere. Other than that into the landfill cud it pisses the hippies off.

8. vincent

vincent New Member

I save some to use to organize reloads...

I use some to ration my range ammo, I keep ammo loose in .50 cal cans to save space...

Sometimes I build a little fort out of them...:p

9. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The Styrofoam ones are soundproofing my recording studio.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I take them to work (Liberal arts U) and leave them on and under Lib-Turds desks for sh!ts and giggles! OMG, Bullet Packing materials, everyone down!!!!!

12. I don't buy factory ammo much anymore.

But if anyone can think up a use for the plastic primer trays, I'd be delighted! I thought about using them for wall decorations, but they're tedious to glue up, one at a time.

13. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Used to keep them and the box for reloading. Now I just toss them.

14. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I still keep them and refill them with reloaded ammo easier for me to count obviously they do make for plastic ones you can buy the store but can you say cheap ***

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i save and use all mine for reloads.. the cardboard and plastic if i can.. but if the box is beat up just the plastic... actually i am in need of a few more as i have more shells than boxes...

16. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

I havent bought any ammo in 10 years.... where do I get some of those,to sort/store my reloads into.

Where yall getting them?

Jim

17. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I use mine to hold reloads. I use them and the boxes that go with them for reloads of the same caliber as what was originally in them. I put stickers on the boxes with the list of components and powder charge.

18. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I get them from friends and occasionally I do buy new ammo used to be able to buy them online for like a dollar fifty maybe $2 but since the madness of the year so they been impossible I have not seen any not that I've been looking either

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

ask friends or other shooters.. grab them from the trash pile at the range. or online at ebay or amazon.

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Our range master saves them for me, witht he carboard boxes. I use them for my reloads. Easy to store large quantities when they are in uniform packaging. 1000 rd cases stack neatly in the shop.