What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by audrey_z, Apr 25, 2007.

1. audrey_z

audrey_z New Member

We all this hobby isn't cheap, so what do you do for a living?

I work at Denver International Airport in the Marketing/Advertising department. My husband is a helicopter mechanic.

2. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

I own a lawnservice / landscaping company.

No, collecting (stockpiling?) firearms is not cheap, but I haven't bought any guns lately as I am happy* with my collection.

*Pending the development and release of new, exciting guns.

3. GUNGIRL

GUNGIRL New Member

Network tech for a Energy company in Lakewood colorado

4. Graybeard50

Graybeard50 New Member

retired and independently wealthy...sorta. Well, retired anyway, and not interested in making more money (code for too sorry to work any more)

advice.

remember, it is not how much you make, it is how much you save, or
    marry someone who makes or stands to inherit a lot!:D

5. Praetorian

Praetorian Guest

i hang out on this gun forum lol

6. allmons

allmons New Member

Registered Nurse, Trauma/ED specialty

Spent most of the last 33 years working in Emergency / Trauma medicine. Tried a stint as a deputy sherriff for a couple of years, but found healthcare is my place in the world.

7. redrider

redrider New Member

I work for Daisy doing production work.

8. marmac

marmac New Member

Preacher

I pastor a Baptist church in Mobile, Alabama. I don't have as many guns as I want to have, but I do enjoy the few I have and I do shoot them! I've been around guns all my life and love to hunt. I don't get to go nearly as much as I want to, but I love to bird hunt (quail and dove), and a little deer hunting.

MarMac

9. Splatter

Splatter New Member

I'm a paramedic, my wife is an office administrator for an investment broker and our girlfriend is a seamstress/tailor/jewellery maker.

10. bkt

bkt New Member

Computer engineer and software developer for Xerox in Rochester, NY.

This hobby, which I am comparatively new to, has opened up many doors for me to go broke quickly.

11. Declaration Day

Declaration Day New Member Supporter

Goldfinger, I was thinking the same thing.

12. Splatter

Splatter New Member

She's really more My girlfriend; but... It's complicated.

Fun; but complicated.

Is there an off topic forum?

Besides, only I and My wife own the guns, and most of my wife's firearms were inherited from her grandmother.
    My girlfriend, "t", likes shooting when I take her, and she's pretty good; but never motivated enough to ask to go, and has declined the gift of guns.
    The wife, "c", on the other paw, likes shooting, and likes the owning too. Her maternal grandmother was quite the hunter and sportswoman, and "c" feels a real connection to her when she's using them ("c" and her grandmother were quite close while she was alive).

13. marmac

marmac New Member

HMMM?? Without gong to deeply into your business, I wonder about your wife being around guns and you having a "girlfriend"!! :eek:

Good luck!! :D

MarMac

14. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

:) I understand your situation to an extent. Not my lifestyle but hey among consenting adults to each their own. The Range is as close to an off topic forum as we have. I will leave this one open as long as the posts stay clean.

15. Splatter

Splatter New Member

I can answer any questions that are asked in "clean" language (there's a proper word for darn near everything that you could use in front of your grandmother); but, it's not really firearms related, thats why I asked about the 'off-topic' area.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Audrey.

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

This forum is the "off-topic" forum. I will re-word the description tomorrow to make it more clear for future members.

17. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Splatter I do have to ask how you managed to work your wife into that situation. I bet a lot of us married folk would like to know :D .

18. Brian Briggs

Brian Briggs New Member

I own a marble and granite fabrication shop.

As far as having a wife and sharing a girlfriend, that is best when the wife brings up the subject and you let her lead the way:D

19. Splatter

Splatter New Member

Cool. Is that kitchen and bathroom counters, tiles, tubs, that sort of thing, or do you also do statuary and tombstones/mausoleum markers?

20. Brian Briggs

Brian Briggs New Member

Countertops, walls, floors, and whatever else people are looking to have made.