What Do You Collect?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by OldManMontgomery, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Got on to this question on another thread and thought it might be interesting to find other people's interests.

Do you have a 'theme' to your collection, or multiple themes, or no plan at all? Usually one buys a new gun because it appeals to one somehow - but in what manner?

I collect target type handguns (Bullseye and PPC, mostly), "Cop guns" - revolvers and some pistols used by law enforcement agencies in the 20th Century, and 'art deco' .32 automatics.

How about all of you folks?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think i am working heavily on my 1911 right now. i own several and own many pistols in general, but i want to add to the collection of 1911's. they are by far my favorites of all my pistols.

3. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I like shotguns, I'm working in that direction.

4. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

Anything that shoots.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Other than expanding our gun collection, I love to get magnets from places that I visit or I have friends bring me magnets from places that I will never make it too. I also love Marilyn Monroe and collect books about her, Merlot, etc.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mainly I collect small steel engravings of famous Americans- Ben Franklin, US Grant, Andy Jackson, etc.

Starting collecting cartridges some time ago- weird, strange, unusual, obsolete.

For guns (before our HORRIBLE boating accident) the usual Milsurps, stuff I enjoy shooting, and older Mossberg and Remington 22s- also acquired several low dollar .410 shotguns- mostly bolt actions.

7. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Outside of guns I collect odd pocket knives, not my good hunting or carry knives. I mean the "Eat at Joes" ad type knives or any oddball stuff I find at garage sales, gun show and flea markets, quality isn't as much an issue as being unique to me. I also collect odd diving watches with the same criteria.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Guns & Ammo...........

9. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I have a number of former LE agency guns. It started with my finding a PD marked Colt PPS at a gun show and just went crazy from there. Currently I have a S&W 5946 from NYPD, a S&W 5943 from Cleveland, OH PD, a Glock from Metro Police in Washington PD, a Mossberg 500 from a Florida PD, a S&W 4506-1 from a Texas PD, a Beretta 92 from LASD, a S&W Model 10 from KCPD, a Remington 870 from the US Secret Service and several others. No PD marked rifles though, only handguns and shotguns.

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Once I finish my base arsenal, then I'll start on the collection. Right now, I'm thinking start with S&W top break revolvers.

11. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

Im starting by collecting a gun in each rnd size. But they have to be nice sleek looking guns. First was Springfield 1911-A1 .45, second was Px4 9mm, my next one will be a M&P 40c. Not sure after that. Once I have all size rnds, I would like to have a gun from each manufacture.

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Nowadays mostly dust and belly button lint. :D

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Hahaha
    Dan Wesson revolvers for the '70s ,kinda.

14. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I don't have any theme. I mostly buy tried and true guns that might be worth a few cents more if I ever have to sell them. And yes, they all get shot.
    Of course there are those impulse buys like the Bersa, Hi Point, and CZ 52.
    I always try to have a little cash available for those times when a good piece comes along at a good price.

15. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

We were watching "The Soup" and they were making fun of the show about old virgins. The one guy actually collected his belly button lint in a jar......yikes!

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Some of my Collection Compulsive Disorder.
    • Vintage staplers, hole punches and pencil sharpeners. (Now they certainly don't make them like they used to).
    • D.A.M. Quick Fishing reals.
    • Nuts, Bolts, Screws and Washers
    • Vintage (but steel) woodworking hand tools (Scrapers, Dowel Cutters, Compass Planes)

17. rurak

rurak New Member

Money....but I suck at it because I love firearms so much. Seriously I've got a ruger p345 in .45 auto, a ruger mk3 .22, a ruger lc9 and ....... A s&w m&p sport ...... I love Rugers!i do think my next purchase will be an m&p 9 compact or shield not sure yet

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  18. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont have a real theme collection thing going. i buy a gun if it appeals to me and i want to shoot it. i do like military arms especially old ww2 and ww1 guns. im a huge fan of iron sights and would simply love to have a 45-120 with a very good peep sight setup some day

19. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

I want to collect but seem like everytime I get money, man y'all know how life is. But when my fund get better it's on. I met a gentleman the other day that own 87 shotgun and rifle. Now thats how I wanna be.

20. tigerbeetle

tigerbeetle New Member

I have a misc. collection acquired over the years. Some are family hand-me-downs (heirlooms) and a few as gifts (including a few gifts to 'self'). My latest soon-to-be acquisition is a revolver my sister has that was her deceased husband's. It is a very nice S&W .32-20 (Winchester .32 Crt)
    Hand-eject probably made b/w 1915 and 1920. Can't wait to get it. Now to peruse some gun shows and see if I can find some ammo or even an empty box. [​IMG]