What do you carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bizy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. bizy

bizy New Member

What do you carry? I carry a 38 spc in my pocket and a 45 XD in the console.. Do any of you carry knives as well?

2. dutchmaster

dutchmaster New Member

I have four handguns I use for CC, I trade off depending on how I have to dress that day. My handguns are; PT145, PT709, Rossi .357 461, PT738. I always have the 738 on me regardless of whatelse I'm carrying, and yes I do carry a folder, it's a SOG Fusion, and I keep it razor sharp. On top of all that, I use a cane to walk with, an Arkansas Hickory Root cane, and I know how to utilize it as a defensive weapon also... :):):)

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I carry a glock factory field knife, a and a taurus model 66 in 357 mag

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I carry an M&P Compact .40 most of the time. Sometimes my PF9. I carry the Cold Steel Recon folder...I believe they call it Recon One, or something like that.

5. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Always got my LCP in my pants pocket. Just ordered today a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my 5" 1911.

I'm not sure if I'll end up carrying the 1911 or not, but at min. it will be a vehicle carry gun.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Kimber Pro carry 2 HD in a crossbreed supertuck. I'm currently shopping for a pocket gun as a back up.

Once in a while I'll carry an SP101 in 357. My wife claimed it so I have to fight her for it .

I forgot to mention knives. I always carry at least one in my pocket but some days I carry 2. The uses of a good pocket knife are endless.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  7. WDB

WDB New Member

I carry a S&W M&P 45 75% of the time in a Don Hume IWB holster, the other 25% I carry a S&W 642 38 spl in a Don Hume IWB holster. I always carry a pocket knife of some sort as they come in handy for daily use.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm in Kalifornia. I carry a Benchmade folder and a surly attitude.

9. RMP1394-RLTW

RMP1394-RLTW New Member

I carry a full size 1911 in a cross breed and love it. Still getting used to the weight and think I will need to upgrade my belt sooner then later if I continue to carry the 1911.

I always carry the folder, I never got used to not having it after I left the military. Emmerson Commander, it cant helput stay sharp, if I cant shave with it it goes to the ceramic stick for a couple of swipes and its right back to shaving!

10. yamhill40

yamhill40 New Member

Benchmade Auto and waiting for my CHL for my G27. I need to find a comfortable IWB holster. Also thinking about getting a PF9.

11. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I'm in California, I pretty much carry open hands. Getting a tad older now and it hurts more than it used to but it is still alot of fun. I'm packing a slightly broken hand and finger from the last encounter.:D:(

12. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Me too, it will buy me time to get to the problem solvers....

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It depends on what I foresee going on....

I have a DW C-BOB in 10mm, a Ed brown Kobra Carry in .45ACP, a H&K PSP P7 in 9mm, a PPK/s in .380ACP, and a S&W Airweight in .38Spl.

Just as one does not have only 1 pair of shoes, there should not be only 1 handgun for SD.

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Full size M&P 40 with a Galco IWB, or a S&W 442 in the pants pocket with a DeSantis Super Fly.

Always have a Kershaw Blur or Kershaw Leek with me 24/7.

15. Glock4Epton

Glock4Epton New Member

I carry either a S&W M&P 40C or the Gen 4 Glock 17. Just whichever I am drawn to before I leave the house in the morning. Been looking for a nice piece of cutlery to carry as well, still searching though...

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Right now I carry my full size kimber in a maxpedition bag with extra mags.

I'm on tghe hunt for a smaller carry gun like a PCR or something.

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I usually carry a Kel-Tec PF9, as I await the arrival of my Kimber Solo Carry (both 9mm). I have Desantis Nemesis pocket holster that will work for either, but more often than not it rides inside a belly-band at waste level. It's simple, works for just about any attire, and I really value the opportunity to travel light.

Often times there's an XDm45 tucked away in the truck. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for it, but due to its size it's only practical as a winter carry on my person. The XDm is a nice gun, but it's one that I don't mind knocking around a bit in the "truck gun" role.

18. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

A good sharp knife & these unless I am feeling paranoid.
    [​IMG]

19. OfcFriendly

OfcFriendly New Member

Work- Sig P229 .40 cal.
    Off duty- Ruger LCP .380 in a secure pocket.

20. therewolf

therewolf New Member

A range pistol. I don't customize my gun purchases to the needs of criminals.

I don't pursue them. When/if the time comes, and they come to me, I certainly

hope a full size 92 or 1911 is up to the task.

IMO, our first mistake, as a society, is catering to criminals.

We should develop a mindset which forces them to cater to us. That

puts them at the disadvantage from the outset.