Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to this forum and I just signed up a few minutes ago. I got the gun in my avatar picture for Christmas. It's a Rossi model 62 .22 caliber break apart. I have been shooting it like crazy.:D I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips for it and keeping it clean. I have owned guns before this one.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I'm notorious about not cleaning rim-fires all that much. But I have a couple that never seem to shoot right till they have some dirt in them. But depending on ammo you should be able to get a couple hundred rounds out before seeing a real need for cleaning. I do run a bore snake down mine a little more often if I"m using lead rounds. They seem to clog rifling a little faster than plated rounds.

·
Registered
461 Posts
What do I think about your new gun?
I think 22LR rifles are just about the most fun you can have shooting! You have an excellent gun!
I understand 22 ammo is a little "dirty". So cleaning is a good thing. Do as I say - not as I do.
I used to clean religiously - now I don't ... I don't know what is with that.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Welcome.
Neat rifle.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Administrator
34,517 Posts
WELCOME!!

I'm glad you found your way here. Nice rifle. Enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts