What do you admire at the Range?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Dec 31, 2012.

1. A guy accurately shooting a handgun he did himself.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. A guy shooting "so-so" accurately with a custom purchased handgun.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A girl maybe hitting the target with a stock handgun.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. A cold beer after the shooting is over and guns put away.

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

In another forum, there is a discussion on what would impress the most on the range.

2. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I saw two young females last summer that were by themselves, very fit, wearing tight short short, and appeared to know what they were doing. One was teaching the other how to shoot a handgun and an AR. I was more than impressed and didn't shoot too well until after they left.

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

This past summer, I had a guy right next to me shooting a Barrett .50. I had to get up and wait a bit for him to finish with that gun.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

I object to the choices. I am a 'girl' and why is the choice for the girl simply "maybe hitting the target"? I think I shoot fairly accurately (most of the time) and I don't care if anyone's admiring me or not. :mad:

I didn't vote because there wasn't a viable voting option for me.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If it were up to me, I would have said "a shooter", but the discussion is not PC.

A shooter shooting accurately with a firearm that the shooter accurized is more impressive to me than a shooter with a high dollar custom handgun shooting "so-so".

(Of course, I added the obligatory "beer" option)

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

That^^^^^ :)

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The old guy with the old gun hitting targets I can barely see with open sights..

8. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I'm with you, on the choices I'm not a girl.

What I like to see is what choices people made for their firearms. I generally don't pay much attention to their marksmanship as I am busy watching two things

A. What guns they brought
    B. Making sure their muzzles stay down range

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

no voter here. those options stink. lol. i was thinking more for like what you would like if the range itself had or didnt have something, like free targets, or open anytime hours. or an RSO always on duty.

10. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Funny, you came to mind as soon as I read the choices. New you would chime in!
    You know women should have never got to vote in the first place!!!:D:D:D

11. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Last time at the range there was a Marine instructing 5 boys & girls about 15 yrs. old. It was obvious it was not their first time. 9mm and 12ga. They took turns and did a fine job. I stopped shooting to watch. Outside the range I told them how they had made my day, and thanked the Marine. Got my first, last and only "ooh rah" from a group of happy kids.

12. I am quite partial to competence. Watching someone who knows their craft doing almost anything is fascinating.

One can save up and purchase something expensive. Making it work properly requires knowing the basics and practice; effort. That applies to guns, cars, computers, typewriters and pencils. And is non-gender sensitive.

13. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Saw beer as an option had to push the poll in its favor :p

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

OP

Winds is Right, please add the following options so Winds, ZG, and Cinder can all weigh in...

"Watching Tackleberry's chiseled physique flexing under recoil of his S&W 629...in August...Shirtless...covered in a light sheen of sweat!";)

Tack

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

There is nothing I admire about a pistol range.

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I used to date a girl that was model material... Smoking hot. And she was a gun nut, through and through. She owned suppressors, rifles with laser sights, she WAS Mrs. Smith...

She'd go to the range with me and throw down with AKs, 12 ga. Shotguns, pistols, etc...

every time, the whole range would stop and stare at her.

That's probably the most admired thing at the range.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow, you're really pushing it, aren't you?

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Aww come on Winds...you can still enjoy a little eye candy...right? ;)

19. vincent

vincent New Member

Ditto...

Sorry Dan, private range shooter here so we don't have to go out amongst the English much...:p

20. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

The Cold Beer! "Unless" the scenery is fantastic as Jester mentioned. Nothing greater than a good looking lady shooting!
    If she is a sweetheart that is even better!