What do y'all think of this for survival/bushcraft?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Scratchammo, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Not only NO, but HELL NO!!! :p It will take some searching but somewhere here on FTF is a thread by a former member, fransiscomv, on bush-craft. A bunch of us signed on for it but it fizzled out for lack of involvement. But 1 thing that was a huge success was the knife - a bunch of us went in on a bulk FTF buy and score a kick azz simple knife that flat out rocks! ;)

this may be the thread - http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/official-bushcraft-sign-up-30359/

sure wish the idea hadn't fizzled out :(

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't like cold steel for one very simple reason. Some of "their" products come from windlass steel products. They scrub the windlass name off and sell it as their own. Now, it's under agreement with them, so it's perfectly legal. I just don't like being lied to.

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I gave a regular SRK that I have used the heck out of. Tough knife and holds an edge well. I have no problem with it at all.

5. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I found him on another forum but I don't know if he mentions it: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/386228-What-is-YOUR-best-knife

6. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Has that been done with a lot of models? I see the bowies look very similar.

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Good info. Is the sheath reversible? I'm a lefty.

8. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Yes it is. Pretty simple to switch.

9. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Awesome, thanks.

10. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'd want to sharpen this with a Spyderco Sharpmaker. Should I put the angle at 30?

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

What he said. They are Swedish Mora Knives and only run about $15-$20 http://www.amazon.com/New-Swedish-Mil-Mora-Knife/dp/B000ZN6Z4M.

Not fancy, but they are stellar for bushcraft. This thread actually got my kids an I started on further bushcraft adventures. Nothing hardcore but definite good education for them. It was a great idea and I agree that it is too bad it fizzled:(

12. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Thanks for the link. I have it saved to my wishlist.

13. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Thanks for the thread. FTF knife huh..

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Anything that looks similar to another company's product, it's probably from the other company.

Don't get me wrong, cold steel sells some good quality products. They're just not always selling their OWN product.

15. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I see your point.