what do yall think about yhm rifle

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I just ordered a yhm with the diamond flutted barrel. I had it custom built with troy 9 in rails, str stock, rra match grade trigger and a nickel bolt carrier. I paid $1450. Has anyone uswd this rifle or know of it. How does it compare to others in this price range

2. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

It wil have these rajls

Troy-BattleRail-Alpha-2.jpg
    And it looks like this

RGUNS-A3-16Inch-Twister-QuadRail-YHM-Vortex-M4Stock.jpg

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Why the rra trigger?

4. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Looks good. Hope you enjoy the tar out of it.

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

The guy building it put a national match trigger from rra instead of the stock one

6. tacticalfun

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Sigh. Why did you buy first and ask about it later? I really wish my customers were more like you...

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

My trainer told me bout thesd, are they that good

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Cause i just got the app back and i used it before. I read good re iews but wanted to ask others what they thought

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I just takjed to my trainer and hed upgrade me to a geissele for very little but told me theres alit of variations...im getting into 3 gun what do yalk suggest

11. tacticalfun

12. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Tikki, a short lesson in psychology: people generally make decisions emotionally and then justify them rationally afterward. A perfect example is when you spouse brings home their eighth pair of black pumps (or AR, for our purposes):

"Aren't they beautiful?" (emotional statement)

"Don't you have seven others JUST like that?"

"But...look how great it looks! (emotional) Besides, their not all EXACTLY The same.

"Uh-huh..."

Oh, and the best part - I got it ON SALE!" (rational)

Marketing people have known for years that all they needed to do to is provide the rationalization that tips the emotional desire to purchase. "Zero Interest," "30 day free trial," "Nothing Down" and the grand-daddy that started it all, "On Sale" are all mechanisms to cause the item to go home with you and let the merchant keep your money. Statistics show over 90% of all people keep an item purchased on a free trial, even when disappointed with the item!

I'm not trying to pick on the OP or anyone else here, just explaining why these posts appear regularly on our boards. :p :D

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I Vote Sticky.

14. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Ultimate_sig- that looks like a badass rifle, congrats and give us a range report some better gun pron when you get it sir!

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Tikki, you and TekGreg might want to collaborate and do a thread on this. I also think it should be a sticky. On a basic level we all know it's true but having a sticky might help some folks. We've all been victim to this.

At least it's worth adding to the very beginning of your primer if you ever get around to Ver. 2.0!

16. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow, you just nailed my job description. Anyone in Colorado looking for a new set of wheels?

Whenever someone tells me they want to go home and think about it for the night, I throw them the keys and tell them to bring it back in the morning. 90% closing ratio with that one :p

17. TekGreg

TankTop, thanks for the unsolicited confirmation! Sales tactics have been around for centuries because they work. Knowing the tactics and having defenses ready can make us better negotiators and better consumers.

18. TekGreg

Tikki and Quentin, thanks for the support! I'd be happy to rework the post or turn it into a separate thread if you think it worth it! Would flagging it to attract notdku be too self-serving? :eek: :cool:

19. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

It wasnt a sale tactic i used the rifle, and compared to mine it blew it out the water but then agian it cost $400 more. I sold my first to buy the second. I was just simply asking if there's any others that compare un the price range

20. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I think you should totally do a "What not to do and why" thread.