What do we need?

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Pure-Precision, May 15, 2020.

1. Pure-Precision

Pure-Precision New Member

Is there a product that you can't believe no one makes? Maybe there is a product that is way too expensive for what is intended for; what is it? We're looking to fill the needs of the civilian market and the best way to get ideas is to ask folk directly what they are interested in seeing. There already be a thread for this but I was unable to find it during a quick skim. I will be posting this on other forums as well to get a larger sample of replies.

schnuffleupagus and towboater like this.
  2. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

An inexpensive single-shot bolt action rifle in popular lower-power calibers. Herters made one years ago in .22 hornet and (I think) .32-20. No buttplate even. A .38/.357 would be welcome on my farm.

3. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Genius!

How about retro-looking rifles in modern cartridges?
    A Sharps looking Highwall shooting .300 Magnum/6.5 Creedmore

My mid-20s aged son is convinced that if someone were to manufacture functioning weapons from popular video games the manufacture could charge boutique prices for them. Auto pistol from Halo for example. Various weapons from Fallout (not 76)

Combat wise, i have long had an idea of a chain gun firing .22 long rifle. I cannot think through getting the chain or belt light enough to not make the idea stupid.

Resurrect the idea of the 44Automag but without the suck. It looks so cool! Put a wiser cartrige in it and trim out the operational kinks.

A 10/22 configured like a Sten Gun

Can the Kriss action work with rifle cartridges?

A kit to convert the Browning BAR to a Maral
    Hell I'd buy that today

towboater likes this.
  4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I need a hammer for a American Western Arms, Dakota in 45. There are none to be found. Costs to much to produce for the amount one would be able to sell. K

5. OldManMontgomery

OldManMontgomery Active Member

I collect WWI era rifles. I duplicate that era ammo. I cannot find online any company who makes WWI FMJ round nose bullets like the originals. I can get quite close with some, but cupie doll. Probably 'seasonally' would be nice. Limited consumer base, but more than likely loyal.

6. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

Universal brass catcher that fits all guns & can be attached by clamp or strap quickly that really works. Every one that I have seen that works has to have a mount. Those Velcro strap types sag after the first few shots & you loose all the brass after that.

towboater likes this.
  7. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I recently bought on a brass retriever. It works good. For a brass catcher i took a coal ash tin. And lined it with rubber roofing. I use that when shooting from a bench.

8. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

I think a replacement front blade sight that could be easily installed and would be micro-adjusted for windage w/o a sight vice or punch & hammer.

towboater and Txhillbilly like this.
  9. towboater

Quality SAA grips at decent prices.

10. towboater

If one knew how to acquire sambar and elk stag to make grips. You'll stay very busy.

11. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Bullet-proof duck decoys.

towboater likes this.
  12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

John, you are not supposed to be throwing the decoys that high!

Mossberg 22 rifles from the 40's and 50 often had 3 sights- front, a receiver mounted V and a rear mounted peep. The rear peeps were often removed (and lost) when scoping. Finding a used one can run $50-$75. Havlin sales has some. Same for box mags for Mossbergs.

sheriffjohn likes this.
  13. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

a rifle variant of the Thomson Center Contender. one receiver, as many barrels as you can pay for. so you can have something that fires every round you come across, without paying full price for calibers you rarely use.

sheriffjohn likes this.