what do think of my new gun?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by grandpabear, Sep 23, 2011.

1. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

I just bought a new Ruger SR40.What do you all think? Give me the good and the bad. I really like it myself, but I've only shot about 20 rnds. out of it so far.

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Pics!! We want pics!!

3. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

4. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

SR40? Probably a good gun. I hope it serves you well.

But I still can't see it from here...

6. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

[​IMG]
    We'll see if it works this time.

7. ahole

ahole New Member

I would go with it over a glock any day

8. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

I have many guns but since I got my SR9c, I have not carried anything else. To me, the best feeling best shooting handgun I own. Put over 1500 rounds through it with no issues. The SR40 is the same gun just a little more muzzle flip.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The SR40 should be a good gun but I haven't fired one yet so can't say first hand.

My son in law and I were comparing his SR9 and my Glock 23 and both are pretty darn good. No reason to expect the SR40 wouldn't be good, as most Rugers are.

10. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

Thanks guys, now all I have to do is shoot it alot with different ammo and see what it likes.

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

How many rounds does the mag hold?

12. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

The mag. holds 15 rnds. It also came with 2 of them.

13. Werminator

Werminator Member

I also own an SR9 and I have put several thousand rounds through it without a single huccup... I have run all kinds of ammo through it and while I have seen variation in accuracy, the darn thing runs better than I could have ever expected...

14. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I never really cared for rugers handguns until I got my lc9. I thought the sr9 and the sr40 felt sloppy almost like a HiPoint. (Not starting crap here ruger lovers) with that being said, my lc9 has performed flawlessly after 500 rounds and feels great. Congrats on the new gun, even though I don't love them, they are reliable as all get out

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

How does it perform? Im not familiar with the ruger SR series.. I used to have a P89 back in 1999, it worked just fine. I eventually traded for a G23c, thus the love for glock started.. I also have a ruger 10/22 that ive had since i was 11 and im 33 now, i love that .22!! There are 2 things "among others" that take me back to my childhood...Ruger 10/22 and old timer knives

16. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

It shoots really well. Very little felt recoil and smooth. Of course I haven't shot it enough to get used to it yet. 4" group at about 90 feet. Probably won't shoot it much until after archery season as I hunt right behind my house. I also have a 10/22. 1- 50 round magazine and 2-30s.Along with my markII-22/45 and 4-10 round magazines we have a blast.

17. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Yea ruger 10/22's are the best. I shoot about 200-300 rds a week through mine. Love it.

Attached Files:

18. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Got off topic. Sorry