What did your AR get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by CamoToe1, Dec 27, 2012.

1. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

My AR received a new CTR stock and a BCM Mod 1 grip. Finally swapped my rattle trap RRA stock for the the CTR. I'm very happy with the friction lock and it shaved a few ounces off my rifle.

Let us know what your EBR received.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Mine also got a ctr stock, a quad rail with covers, much better than the m4 guard. Also a couple more pmags. I got it a bunch of ammo too:)

3. knfxda

knfxda New Member

A new home, once it gets built by Daniel Defense. :D

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I just got a PSA lower build kit for my Quentin Defense stripped lower. Came Christmas Eve Day! Thanks for getting it here PSA.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My new 3 gun setup picked it up used 2 months old $225 shipped. Should be here next week

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. JonM

JonM Moderator

my ar15 have been done for a while but i did get my scar17 a giesselle superscar trigger (backorder)

those nikon africans are fantastic scopes. ive got one that migrates from gun to gun. its currently about to get a perma home on my 458 winmag

7. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

those nikon africans are fantastic scopes. ive got one that migrates from gun to gun. its currently about to get a perma home on my 458 winmag[/QUOTE]

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a scope with a tube sized objective? I always assumed they would let less light through and therefore not be optimal in low light situations.

8. LittleByrd97

LittleByrd97 New Member

I got a Colt 6920 then bought a quad rail and foregrip. Loving my Colt so far.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  9. LittleByrd97

LittleByrd97 New Member

Forgot to include picture. My bad.

image-1280684738.jpg

10. Solon

Solon New Member

Stocking stuffers.

New quad rail, ambi charging handle, extra mags (10rd :(). Bought my first AR the day before things went to hell again. It's an M&P15 Sport, and for a first, entry level gun, I couldn't be happier with it.

11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Got the jsc compensator, that rging is sick, and a larue mount, surefire fury

12. hindle1225

hindle1225 New Member

Very nice looking rifle. Next purchase for you might have to be some magpul mags

13. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

A rest, due to ammo price/availability insanity.

14. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

A new home, my wife got it out of layaway right before Christmas Eve, Mossburg MMR Tactical. Pretty nice AR for $750. Picked up 4 Pmags for it before the Craze- my LGS had them for $15.99. each for a holiday sale- 2 big bins full- kicking myself now!!!

ForumRunner_20121228_124731.jpg

ForumRunner_20121228_124752.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Not as much magnification first of all and I dont REALLY need anything over 4X for 3 gun . This one has 95% light transmission instead of the average 91-92% which means in low light every thing is going to appear a bit brighter than the average scope
    Lower magnification means you can keep both eyes open to shoot which in turn means getting on your target faster .
    Its all about what your looking for in a scope , all those knobs , gadgets and do dads just dont do it for me I suppose I could have bought the M-223 with the mil knobs and BDC reticle but honestly its just about the same scope minus the mil style knobs and for the distance I will be shooting, were talking about 5.8 " of difference from 0-300 yards with a 25 yard zero . easy enough to hit life size steel targets with using one simple fine lined reticle .
    Some of the Cons would be lower power ,but this one should still be fine out to 300 yards
    No mil dots or BDC reticle
    No fancy knobs, no illumination

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hey bud your front sight is on backwards ;) just a heads up your not the first and dont worry you wont be the last :D

17. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Lol! That's ok, I put a condom on backwards once in Junior High- (ribbed for "MY" pleasure) Yea these are the first Mbus sights for me, could only find a front one, looking around this afternoon for a rear one at a few LGS's - if they haven't skyrocketed in price. The ones that came on it are bulky and needed to go, plus the fold-down are out of the way using a Reddot. Thanks for the heads up! Kinda like telling someone they have a booger, when no one else will!

18. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Fixed!

ForumRunner_20121228_142249.jpg

19. climate17

climate17 New Member

I got an aim point pro and a parabelum ambi charging handle for my lwrci spr. Plus 10 ags before shtf ;-]

20. climate17

climate17 New Member

I meant pmags f***ing auto correct.