What did you order from ProMotive??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, May 19, 2010.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, the Official FTF-Promotive Synergy has been in place for about a week now and some of you FTF Supporting Members have signed up and looked through the deals. Pretty cool.

Here is the first thread to post what you found that caused you to break out the plastic.

I have a 50% office / 50% field job. Some days I am out in the rain and mud on worksites for several hours. Some days, not so much.

I have had a pair of Lowa hikers that have kept me dry and comfy for about 2 plus years. They definitely don't owe me anything, but they are starting to come apart at the seams.

Did a little looking around and found a pair of Scarpa Bhuton Hikers on Promotive, in stock, for $120. Best place I found on line for the same model was $159.16 from Backcountry and they didn't have my size or the same model in stock.

Did some reading and saw that REI carries them and had 5 star ratings. Went to the store on lunch to try them on. $199.95 at REI and they did have my size, but not the same color scheme. They felt good.

Came back to the office, a few clicks later, I got the boots for $133 shipped to my door.

Got to love the power of Promotive! :D

JD

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

With all the recent threads on Knifes and the test being done, I decided I needed to get myself a new EDC knife. I currently use a Maxam pocket knife that cost about $1.28. So, I thought to step up a little and get a better knife. I went browsing through ProMotive.com and found me a SOGzilla for $25.80. Just a small step.

I will be ordering more very shortly. The is a great opportunity for some great deals. I am hoping this works out tremendously and they add more retailers. If Vortex is giving 35% off, I am curious as to the discounts Leupold will have on their products.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

If Leupold gives anywhere close to a 35% discount, that means they'll be close to what they SHOULD be charging for their MSRP.

4. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Well I have been wanting to get a nice SOG knife for a while, every time we go to my wife's mother's in sevierville tenn. I go by this huge knife store and stay about 2 hours until she finally drags me out...so anyway...I couldn't stand the huge 40% off, I picked up a SOG Tsunami in satin finish, a Tiger striped trident with the serrated blade, a "TACTIcool Tomahawk:cool:, , an 18" SOGfari machete, a folding saw, and the entrinching shovel(however it was on back order and they removed it)...in the end i saved close to 150 and I cant wait for those bad boys to get here...can you say range report for the tacticool tomahawk:D

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^^^ That's what I'm talking about. Excellent savings on excellent products and it doesn't cost anything to get the savings.

Well done guys. We will have those other 50 manufacturers begging us to join here very soon.

JD

6. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

I almost forgot...the wife helped pick out all of it, she was as excited about all this stuff as I was, mainly b/c most of this stuff will go in the emergency bag for her car...but the dang tomahawk is mine

7. Shihan

I got an E-mail today that said my order has shipped. That was fast since it said allow 3 weeks.

8. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Oh Shihan Shihan the things a woman can find out on a forum u are in trouble u did not ask LOL:p:eek:

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Uh Oh!! :eek:

10. Shihan

I am the King of my Castle. I didn't ask permission to get her LCP either.

Now go make me a sandwich. :D

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I got a couple pair of high dollar sunglasses for riding and shooting, a nice new watch and an HK fixed Instigator knife coming. :D

Got to wait till next month when all my allowance comes in to really get to buying. ;)

Hey, what's the chances of getting a nice reputable gun safe sales company in the group? 40-50% of one of them would be awesome! :cool:

Jack

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We got 19 members Jack. :(

I am working on it. Baby steps My Dangerous Friend, baby steps.

You have to admit the deals are very good for FREE membership. :D

13. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

My items shipped yesterday as well, not bad

14. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Just signed up, going to have to steal my credit card back from the wife though!

A sufrboard, some rollerblades, some new rain gear and Gortex hiking boots, a day pack, new wheels, tires and peddles for the crossover bike I never ride, but definately a new tactical flashlight!! :D

Thanks JD and everyone who made this happen for the Supporting membership!

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What is promotive and where do I find such great deals?

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Promotive is a special outfit that makes deals with companies and brings them niche' market groups of like minded folks to increase sales.

FirearmsTalk Forum was sponsored into membership by Kristi from Spyderco Knives, so we have our own buying club that is open to any Supporting Member of FirearmsTalk.

Currently there are 61 companies that are selling to our team at discounts ranging from 30% to 70% off of MSRP. In addition, there are another 50 companies that once we build a large enough membership base, and show we are a viable purchasing power, we can petition to extend us the same discounts.

Membership to Promotive is 100% free and there is no heavy handed buying requirements. I have also not received any spam or unsolicited mail upon signing up, so they are not selling our information.

If you are interested in being a part of the team, you have to sign up to support this great forum ( $15/year membership ). You will get access to the behind the scenes activities and give aways that happen here. Then PM me and I will give you an access code to sign up and you are in.

Christmas is still a few months off, but there is no reason not to add a little something for yourself to your shopping list. :D

JD

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Update: 22 members and 63 brands as of this post. :D

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, STAND BY!!

I have just put in an official FTF Request to open up about 7 new vendors:

Kershaw
    Leupold
    Crimson Trace
    A Couple of Archery Places
    Gore-Tex

We should know something by Monday.

JD

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Saawweet! *fingers crossed*

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

May as well go All-In.

I just requested access to Smith & Wesson, Walther and Woolrich Tactical as well.

*shrug*

What's the worst that can happen, they say no and recongnize us later on when we have more members?

JD