Firearms Talk banner
3081 - 3100 of 3107 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It wasn't today, but yesterday I decided to "heat it up" to see if I had any malfunctions, since it is a parts upper. Ran a couple hundred rounds through very quickly, and the only thing that happened was the dust bunnies I had not seen on the barrel ignited...oops...

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Since BCA only makes 350 in 1:16 twist, I'll have to go with a different brand. MOS Tek makes an 8" with threaded barrel and 1:10 twist. When the ATF ever gets around to approving my form 4, I have a SiCo Omega 36M suppressor, which handles up to 9mm cal, so an 8" 350 Legend pistol, suppressed, shooting these subsonic monsters:

I think that combo presents a good bit more energy on target (and a bigger hole) over subsonic 300 Blackout.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
The only downside is that no one is making a 30-round magazine for 350 Legend yet. 20 Rounder is it for right now.

You can modify a p-mag by grinding out the 2 ribs and I have a 30 round p-mag I bought to try this, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I think once that's done it'll hold 27 or 28 rounds.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Put a 1-8x24 Vortex Strike Eagle on it, actually that was Friday evening, but I haven't shot it yet.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I just finished cleaning mine, also realized when loading Mags that I used 62 grain the whole time the other day. So I’m gonna stick to that since that’s the grain the scope is set to.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Finally getting around to working up some subsonics for the 300 Blackout. managed to score these a few mins ago. Not as heavy as I wanted as they do make these in 225 grain, but they'll do for now. Not in a big hurry as I still have a few months of wait on the suppressor (only in month 6 of the wait).

They had some 230 grain A-tips, but they're twice the price. No thanks.

Rectangle Font Material property Gas Box

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I just finished cleaning mine, also realized when loading Mags that I used 62 grain the whole time the other day. So I’m gonna stick to that since that’s the grain the scope is set to.
PANDEMIC, I'm gonna get around to cleaning mine this week no matter what. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it....... 😁

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
That's what I thought too, but if you compare the length of the 20-rounder on the right with the 30-rounder on the left the length difference for the extra 10 rounds is more than the length difference of the middle one compared to the 30. Maybe it's due to the spring and follower.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
How many rounds is that middle mag?
What outlaw said, holds 42 to be exact. I bought it like 3 years ago for $15 from academy and only used it like once. Giving it to the brother along with the 30 rounder that came with the gun and that 20 rounder that I had extra, this way he can start stacking some Mags.

My local Academy doesn’t even carry that 40 rounder anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Scheels has the p-mag gen 3 40-rounders right now for $18.99.

3081 - 3100 of 3107 Posts