Firearms Talk banner
3061 - 3080 of 3107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
They look identical to the Apache cases at HF. I have a Plano waterproof 36" for the 300 Blackout pistol and want to get a new case for the 350 Legend AR. I like the Apaches at HF, but they're much too big for what I need, looking for something around 43".

Was looking at this one: https://www.amazon.com/HQ-ISSUE-Tac...ywords=rifle+hard+case&qid=1638803683&sr=8-14

Or another Plano like my 36", but they also have it in a 42"

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Looked at those, don't like that you have to get a hot knife to cut out the foam, I prefer the little squares you can just pull out. One thing I like about the HF Apache cases, the squares are tiny, so you get a better fit. The Plano has the larger squares. It works, but the smaller squares would be better.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Looked at those, don't like that you have to get a hot knife to cut out the foam, I prefer the little squares you can just pull out. One thing I like about the HF Apache cases, the squares are tiny, so you get a better fit. The Plano has the larger squares. It works, but the smaller squares would be better.
Good point. Didnt think about that. I actually bought a replacement foam layer with the pluck squares for my Pelican 1750 for that very reason.

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,943 Posts
You can cut the foam with an electric knife or a hack saw blade, but needs to have the fine teeth (32tpi).
Just a couple ideas for ya

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I've had cases with the foam you have to cut. It never comers it really clean unless you use a hot knife, which then melts the edges of the cut and makes the melted edges of the foam hard. Just not a fan.

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,686 Posts
Getting ready to assemble 3 AR's. Bought 3 Completed Lowers to put on some spare uppers I have.
Poor uppers were just locked up unloved. Fixing that for the poor lonely things !! :)

These lowers came back on sale today.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I have 3 more uppers on my list: 22" or 24" in 6.5 Grendel, an 18" 223 Wylde, and a 9" 350 Legend. Considered 6 ARC, but it's still too much of a niche cartridge at this point.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Just went skeet shooting a few min ago with the brother and some friends. Only did probably around 30 something - 40 shells or so. Then I finally got my new scope on the DMR sighted in, took about idk a little bit around 15 or so rounds. A mixture of 55 and 62 grain. Found 55 grain worked better so used most of that instead. I did however get a couple of malfunctions where as soon as I fired, the shell casing would get stuck in the chamber and a few times where the shell casing getting stuck would stick out and a round would chamber and another would try to chamber right behind forming a “squib load”

Anyways, what was happening was I was shooting around 4pm and so the sun was in my eyes and so I would use my hand and put it over the scope where the eye relief is to prevent the sun from getting in my eyes. But then I realized after a few of those malfunctions that my hand was the reason those malfunctions occurred. It was too close to the ejection port and so when the shell casing ejected at an angle, it hit my hand and rotated and got stuck in the chamber like half the casing would stick out. And this would happen one after the next a few times.

I thought my rifle just didn’t like 62 grain and I also cleaned it back in October and so being dirty is not the issue and I also switched grains thinking that could be the problem. But after realizing my hand was actually the one thing blocking the route for the shell casing to eject then I just moved it and all was good.

So... I found the culprit to that lol, I don’t do a whole lot of prone shooting and so still getting used to it. But I did however finally got the new scope sighted in, it’s not super perfect but it’s pretty close. Also tested the new canted sights a bit, transitioned from scope to sights and vice versa and all went really well.

So I had a lot of fun, I’ll tell you that. The new Stevens model shotgun got some more breaking in and so that’s good. My Maverick 88 shot good as wel, it’s 5 years old and it had a few moments where you had to pull on the pump quite hard to get the shell casing out and load in the next. But its happened before, like I said it’s an old gun and so it gets moody sometimes lol and it’s got its moments but because of the long barrel it has, its why it makes it a great choice specifically for skeet shooting.

So I had fun today! I’ll be wiping the guns down in the morning and organizing the stuff I brought to the friends property where we shot, reload 2 of the AR Mags I went through. Well I went through one, the other was just some I shot. And then I’m all good to go for the next shooting season lol. 😁

Also didn’t blow through a bunch of ammo like last time and that took me like 2 months to restock. But I just shot some skeet and little bit to sight in the new scope and that’s it. 😃

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Kit I keep in the range bag when I have the AR out.
Product Tool Gas Wood Auto part

3061 - 3080 of 3107 Posts