Firearms Talk banner
2961 - 2980 of 3028 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I have a Grovtec 2-point on the way. Had to spend some OP Bucks and it was cheap enough, but got good reviews. Probably should have gotten a 1 to 2 point convertible as single point is better for CQB type work (and that's pretty much the realm for a suppressed 7.5" 300 Blackout pistol), I just hate how a single point lets the gun smack you in the giblets when you drop it to grab your sidearm. I really don't need a searing hot suppressor resting in that area....

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I have a Grovtec 2-point on the way. Had to spend some OP Bucks and it was cheap enough, but got good reviews. Probably should have gotten a 1 to 2 point convertible as single point is better for CQB type work (and that's pretty much the realm for a suppressed 7.5" 300 Blackout pistol), I just hate how a single point lets the gun smack you in the giblets when you drop it to grab your sidearm. I really don't need a searing hot suppressor resting in that area....
GrovTec is good. I have their backpack style carrier for my big .308.
"BalancePoint Slings - Padded – GrovTec" BalancePoint Slings - Padded

US outfit too.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Fired a few rounds on the AR Pistol today after work.

Reactions: j102

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Nothing. Still waiting for it to get out of jail.
Jail? Oh no!
Wherabouts do you hail from? Welcome to the forum, have a sit. Stay a while.
If you have a moment, head over to intros and tell us a little about yourself. Wjat do you like? What do you shoot? Do you handload? Etc., etc.,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep. I'm in Commiefornia. Filled out the paper work on the 2nd. Will pick it up on the 13th. Don't you all feel much safer now knowing that I have to wait for it so I have time to "cool off" so I don't run right out with it and cause mass carnage?
And to buy ammo we have to go thru a back ground check as well. That's why I reload. No check needed for components--YET.
Jon

·
Premium Member
Glock G42
5,144 Posts
You got me. They aren't really backup sights until the optic is mounted. ;) Prolly gonna be a month or two before I get the optic. Still researching, looking, and trying to make up my mind on the optic for this one.
I only use optics on some of my AR's. I use the Magpul BUS for both of my 350 Legend, the 7.62x39, and three of my 5.56. I do not want any glass on an AR that may be used for Home Defense. Yea, glass for varmint hunting and over 200 yards or more at a Range. Oh, and I do have a couple of AR's with Holosun shake awake features for playing at the range also.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
On that note, I've never bothered paying bigger money for any of the fancy BCG's as the ones that came with my uppers have all worked well and continue to do so. What benefits do you get with a more expensive BCG? What do they bring to the table that the basic factory ones don't?
BCGs are generally quite robust and unlike bolts, and firing pins which have a finite life, only fail by exception.
However the high end BCGs are often teflon coated or nitrided for extra lubricity and easy of cleaning..
I even seen some chromed ones.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Went shooting with some friends last night, and shot a good 150+ rounds of 12G, 9mm and 5.56. Had some problems with my budget scope not wanting to hold zero on my DMR. So this morning I bought a nice new one, it was more expensive but worth it, and I’m honestly really tired of the budget ones that come with nothing but problems and you can be out there all day shooting and still not be able to sight it in because of just crappy brand or improper mount which was both on my end.

Anyways, installed the new one in just a few minutes, this one has a legit mounting rig so it won’t shift or move while shooting. Will zero it out the next time I hit the range. And this time it should be much much better and also shouldn’t take too long.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Shot it at some small rocks just to watch them blow up. Short sight plane is a bit much to deal with having come up with a 223/5.56 with a 5.5" longer sight plane.

The armored dillos are moving into Dixie right now. Hit one and it's about like going over a cinder block. Of course they're always in the road where you can't exterminate them. I would think the M855 might work well with them....

2961 - 2980 of 3028 Posts