Firearms Talk banner
2941 - 2960 of 3054 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
What about this upper? Will a drop in quad rail work?

View attachment 245370
You could also buy one of the uppers without BCG and CH, and buy them (better ones) separately.
Nothing wrong with the PSA ones, but there are definitely better ones out there. That is one of the most important parts of the rifle.
Or buy a better BCG later on, and keep the PSA one as a spare.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
On that note, I've never bothered paying bigger money for any of the fancy BCG's as the ones that came with my uppers have all worked well and continue to do so. What benefits do you get with a more expensive BCG? What do they bring to the table that the basic factory ones don't?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I can confirm my BFSIII binary trigger works quite well. I have to admit, it's going to be really hard not to do a mag dump or two whenever the 300 Blackout comes to the range with me. A younger fella was there shooting his suppressed 22 bolt gun (man that thing is stupid quiet). I gave him a heads up I was gonna rip a mag. Heck even he was grinning when I was done.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Bolts and BCGs are for the most part, built by a handful of machine shops. (Obviously there are some boutique outfits)
The important thing is to look at the specs. MPI? What is the steel? Chrome lined? Fasteners, etc.?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Got an email from Optics Planet that I had $68 in "OP Bucks" that was going to expire in 3 days. Sooo, hopped on line last night and ordered a black Fab Defense Gradus grip for the 300 Blackout pistol, a Trybe Defense ambidexterous charging handle and a Grovtec 2-point sling with QD's on each end. $115 of stuff, checked out for $46 with free shipping.

Love emails like that :)

My son went out with some of the guys from his work last night and in the midst of conversation, found out the little brother of one of the guys shoots, but doesn't reload. We have a "**** ton" of 5.56 and 9mm brass coming our way. Noice!

Son just ordered 1,000 5.56 once fired Hornady brass the other day along with 1,000 69 grain bullets from RMR. Just need to hunt down some CFE223 powder...

The little Harbor Freight saw and the 300 Blackout sizing die are about to get a serious work out....

Now, if the GD ATF would hurry up and approve my form 4 and send my stamp so I can get my suppressor out of jail....

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Got an email from Optics Planet that I had $68 in "OP Bucks" that was going to expire in 3 days. Sooo, hopped on line last night and ordered a black Fab Defense Gradus grip for the 300 Blackout pistol, a Trybe Defense ambidexterous charging handle and a Grovtec 2-point sling with QD's on each end. $115 of stuff, checked out for $46 with free shipping.

Love emails like that :)

My son went out with some of the guys from his work last night and in the midst of conversation, found out the little brother of one of the guys shoots, but doesn't reload. We have a "**** ton" of 5.56 and 9mm brass coming our way. Noice!

Son just ordered 1,000 5.56 once fired Hornady brass the other day along with 1,000 69 grain bullets from RMR. Just need to hunt down some CFE223 powder...

The little Harbor Freight saw and the 300 Blackout sizing die is about to get a serious work out....

Now, if the GD ATF would hurry up and approve my form 4 and send my stamp so I can get my suppressor out of jail....
I saw starline has "blank" .223 brass. Its .223 , but straight wall. Ready to size and neck down as needed.
Nice score in the OP bucks. I lost a bunch last year cause i didn't know they expire. 😢
Also, try IMR 4198 for .223. I have a nice load I developed . PM if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Oh ya, I have several recipes for 223/5.56 across quite a few powders (seems this caliber will eat quite a few differnt powders pretty easily). I haven't seen any IMR 4198 on the shelves in a long time. In fact, most of the listed powders for 223/5.56 are the ones that seem to be most absent from the stores; Benchmark, TAC, BL-C(2), H322, H335, 4895, 4198, 3031, and 748....none to be found. I have some 4166 and Varget, those will work for starters, but Varget is a compressed load at the top of the range (I'm not a fan of compressed loads).

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,379 Posts
I looked at it where I usually keep it. It's still there, it works, and I hope I don't need it.
I took 6 of them out of the safe. Looked them over, and selected 2 to take to the Ranger tomorrow. Packed both
a nice big lunch also. Called flavor 55. Two plates for each. Then packed their dinner for later tomorrow. Another 400 bites to eat of 62 flavor. :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Figured instead of building another AR, I might ought to get a decent pistol, at least something better suited than the Makarov or the Hellcat. Been eyeballing the H&K P30 LEM and a Safariland mid ride ALS holster. I like the SIG P320 too, but I understand they have a few lawsuits for it going bang when you don't want it to.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Figured instead of building another AR, I might ought to get a decent pistol, at least something better suited than the Makarov or the Hellcat. Been eyeballing the H&K P30 LEM and a Safariland mid ride ALS holster. I like the SIG P320 too, but I understand they have a few lawsuits for it going bang when you don't want it to.
The Sig drop safety issue was resolved afaik. I'm a glock fan... so ill just say get a g19 or g17 and be done with it. 😁

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I don't know about that concerning the SIG. Seems there's been more incidents, some recent, and they don't involve dropping them. A Fed agent filed a suit against them in just Feb of this year. Claims all he did was put his hand on it to draw it from the holster (he was at a qualifying event for work) and it went off hitting him in the hip and exiting his upper thigh. Another suit filed in June, and then another just 6 days ago. Woman detective had hers holstered, in her purse. She picked up her purse and it went off and hit her in the privates.

Anyway, let's just say the P320 is not on my list!

Sorry, not a Glock fan. Not because I don't think they are good pistols, I think they are fine, I just despise the grip. My son has a Canik TP9SF Elite. Not a fan of the grip on it either. I have large-ish hands and a lot of pistols have grips that are too narrow for my tastes. The Glock is both too narrow and the angle too steep for my liking.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Installed pop up rear iron sights on my AR pistol 2 days ago and I just pulled it out this morning and took a good look at it and just admiring it’s beauty, caressed it a bit and showed it some love. 😘 LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Well, my trip to the range I mentioned above, turned to CRAP! Forecast was partly cloudy for today. 81 degrees.
Almost to the range and a bit of rain began to fall. Checked in and then the Clouds opened up. Forecast now says heavy rain at 1-2 Inches per hour. And we got it. Storm is stalled all afternoon over us. Flash Flood warnings now also.
Literally inches of rain so far and an even worse looking front coming at us. Poor hungry AR's.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Well, my trip to the range I mentioned above, turned to CRAP! Forecast was partly cloudy for today. 81 degrees.
Almost to the range and a bit of rain began to fall. Checked in and then the Clouds opened up. Forecast now says heavy rain at 1-2 Inches per hour. And we got it. Storm is stalled all afternoon over us. Flash Flood warnings now also.
Literally inches of rain so far and an even worse looking front coming at us. Poor hungry AR's.
Shootin from the mud is good trainin!

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Shootin from the mud is good trainin!
Not for this old guy. Besides, you could at times not see the 100 yard target stands. It really poured down the water.
In fact, though not as hard now, it has been raining steady since 1 PM. Creeks are over flowing now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know about that concerning the SIG. Seems there's been more incidents, some recent, and they don't involve dropping them. A Fed agent filed a suit against them in just Feb of this year. Claims all he did was put his hand on it to draw it from the holster (he was at a qualifying event for work) and it went off hitting him in the hip and exiting his upper thigh. Another suit filed in June, and then another just 6 days ago. Woman detective had hers holstered, in her purse. She picked up her purse and it went off and hit her in the privates.

Anyway, let's just say the P320 is not on my list!

Sorry, not a Glock fan. Not because I don't think they are good pistols, I think they are fine, I just despise the grip. My son has a Canik TP9SF Elite. Not a fan of the grip on it either. I have large-ish hands and a lot of pistols have grips that are too narrow for my tastes. The Glock is both too narrow and the angle too steep for my liking.
In that case, go with the H&K P30. Nice gun.

2941 - 2960 of 3054 Posts