Firearms Talk banner

2881 - 2884 of 2884 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have one of those SightMark M-Specs on the 300 BO pistol, love it. It's a well made product, easily on par with the EOtechs or the more expensive Holosuns. The only complaints I have are I wish you could change the reticle colors. I would like red, green and blue (I mean el cheapo $20 reflexes have that ability), and I wish the auto off feature didn't totally shut it down after 12 hours. I'd like the shake and wake feature to just stay on all the time. Beyond that though, it's a great sight especially for the price.

I was all set to go with an EOtech, but I don't like the "true" laser reticle, it's grainy and has a bit of a dazzling effect to my eye. I'm sure they've fixed the issues by now, but EOtech was sued by the military at one point because the sights malfunctioned in the cold and some reviews even today mention some issues with them in cold weather.
This sitemark if left still will shut down in 1 hr 15 min. Long enough t9 stay on thru a church sevice. It doesnt have the auto on but with a little practice now if i have time to lay hands on the rifle i can have it on by the time the stock hits my shoulder. Plus at 25 yards and in i can use the iron front site lookjng thru the sitemark if its off. Or use the groove under the site mount to use full irons.
I like the reticle though i wish i had a rich uncle so i could mount night vision as it has six night vision settings .
Anyway thanks again for the replies. Sighting the AK was a whole different animal than zeroing the AR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Converting 223/5.56 to 300 Blackout is a PIA with manual tools. Time to build a powered case prep station....

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Converting 223/5.56 to 300 Blackout is a PIA with manual tools. Time to build a powered case prep station....
Lol! Oh yes... definitely not fun. Mount the dremel. Cut the cases fairly close. Then you can neck and use case trimmer for the last bit.
If it majes you feel better, here is what they are going for...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yep, and that's why I am making it from 223/5.56. I find 223/5.56 at the range semi-frequently, so all I have to invest is the time and effort.

I'm using the little 2" Harbor Freight saw with the rigid mounted Squirrel Daddy cutting jig. It works ok, but I think I can make a better jig myself.

For the first sizing, I remove the decapping pin/expander ball, run the 223 cases in, then trim on the saw, then deburr, then I have to put the pin/expander back in the die and resize again or the Lee trim gauge won't fit through the neck, then trim to final size, after final trim deburr again and remove primer pocket crimp. I don't mind the sizing and cutting with the saw, it's deburring and stuff with the hand tools that sucks. Told the wife I'm ordering some of those little 12v gear motors off Amazon to build a powered prep station, and without missing a beat, she just said "you need to work on those wrist muscles..." (and yes, she meant the "implication" on purpose..lol). I get no respect....

2881 - 2884 of 2884 Posts