What did I do?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by CA357, Jun 19, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The forum appears in all italics. I just checked and it's the same on the CA gun board I frequent. What did I do ...and would you please help? thanks.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It was the lasagna, pizza, spaghetti, and antipasto. I told you you would overdo it. Take some alkaseltzer.

3. CA357

If that's the case, I think it was the cannoli. :cool:

4. CA357

Any help here?

5. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Might help if you post which browser (including version) you are using.

6. CA357

Firefox in whatever the latest version is. That gives me an idea, I'll see if it happens on IE. BRB

7. CA357

I'm back. It's the same on IE. :confused:

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I am not sure but this leads me to believe you altered your Control Panel, Internet Options if both IE and Firefox are affected. Check in there under General tab there should be a fonts button.

Good luck!

9. CA357

Okay thanks, I'll check there.

10. CA357

I checked the control panel. The fonts are set to Latin Roman which seems to be the default. I didn't change anything in there. This started happening last night. :confused:

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Lost in Space........

You need a good breakfast in the mornning, may I suggest a bloody mary and two dozen raw Oysters......:eek::D

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I know how to fix this Don ..... you need to wedge a shim under the right side of your laptop, about 1/8" thick. Make sure you place one in the front and rear corners, otherwise you will end up with a wobbly laptop. Now the italicized font will be vertical.

Problem solved :D

13. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

From the help portion of Windows Explorer....

To override website font and color settings
    If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Accessibility.
    Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.

14. CA357

I'll give it a whack. ;)

15. knfxda

knfxda New Member

You might be missing a Font. You have to figure out which font is missing (being displayed in italics) and then "reinstall" it.

Take the font out of your Control Panel and save it to your desktop. Then save the font back to your Control Panel.

It might require a restart.

16. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Along the same lines, all of the sudden, I no longer have any sounds, other than beeps and such. It sucks. Help!! I tried the control panel and it says no drivers loaded. Where did they go???

17. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Mine's fixed! Thanks, Tango!! Whoot, Whoot.

18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

It's a right leaning forum...you're ok...:p

19. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Did it work?