What cool/unusual guns do you have/had?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by QueenGlamis, Aug 4, 2013.

1. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

OK thought I'd post up a few that I had. I sold them to fund other purchases, don't regret it because I needed functioal weapons not collectable pieces right now. I had these for about 15 years, hardly took them out of storage, and thought I would share. I took them everywhere under the sun to ask if anyone could tell me more about them, maybe some of you can lend some insight! :D they all functioned, and the Colt was a thing of beauty. the grips looked brand new. I was told the grips could be sold for about 700.00 on their own but who knows.

A S&W had #'s matching interchanging barrels, and 38 revolver or 22LR single shot, it was a very unique gun and I haven't seen another one like it.

Also had a Sharps that was an 1891 model, LOW serial # 15XX, and had some cosmetic surface rust but that could have been fixed by a good gunsmith. I never wanted to mess with it, figured it was better decision to leave it as is than try to make it look pretty.

Anywho-thought I'd share, would love to see some of your neat weapons that aren't run of the mill weapons! I am gonna rustle up pics of the Sharps and S&W, here's the Colt.

Thanks!
    QG

Attached Files:

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Most of my guns are a bit unusual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Rifles are mostly unusual as well... I never claim to be normal

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Maybe not too unusual to some,
    I have a Smith & Wesson Revolver, Not sure what model.
    Shoots .45 Auto Rim.
    and
    .45 A C P using clips.
    Very nice gun

4. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Here's what the Shaps looked like, but mine was is probably 25% better condition.

Attached Files:

5. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Here's an example of the S&W, it was a .32 First Model revolver that you broke the top open and unscrewed the pivot and the cylinder and barrel came off. Then it had a #'s matching single shot .22LR barrel. it was super cool. never found 1 person that could give me a true value w/the matching number 22LR barrel...

Attached Files:

6. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Iver Johnson Super shot
    .22lr 9 shot , top break action.
    Mfg in 1936, and shoots perfect.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jim

7. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Some of my less common guns have been mentioned and/or pictured here before, and I don't have anything just really unique. Among my guns I have an original Remington .41 rimfire derringer; a .50 rifle Sharps (actually passed to my stepdaughter from my wife's father, but for practical purposes mine); an AMT Automag II (.22 magnum auto); a Smith and Wesson Hand Ejector made in 1902; a couple of vintage Smith revolvers (Model 10 made about 1943; K-22 made in 1955).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  8. shadecorp

Another one comes to mind.
    Years ago stopped at a new gun shop.
    Saw a nice looking semi-auto
    A Springfield Arms P9C 9mm.
    Bought it even though it was 9mm.
    Salesman said next week we will have extra mags
    Went back,
    shop was gone, empty building.
    Last year met a Springfield Arms rep. at a gun shop open house.
    Had no knowledge of that gun, and NO extra mags.
    Nice looking gun, shoots well.
    And the serial number starts with NM+++++++++
    If ever I find my camera, will get pics. .

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a late war Walther PP in 99% condition. What really makes it unusual is the grips. Wooden grips, Walther banner, unfinished, no staining from hand oils. I have been offerred a BUNCH of $ for this gun. It was given to me by my grandfather. He was an Army Officer in WWII, but never left CONUS (Chemical Engineer, Ordnance Corps). A friend of his was in the ETO and brought it back.

Somewhat unusual; Grendel P-12 The predescessor to the Keltec line of pistols.

How about a Spanish FR-8 in 99% condition. These were common at one time, but most were well worn. This one looks new.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Is that the TZ 75 clone? You might see if a witness mag works

11. GonzoGeezer

GonzoGeezer New Member

What makes a gun unusual? Age? Engineering? Baubles and bolt-ons?

I'll go with age and engineering, a 1920s Ortgies 7.65mm. Striker fired, 27 total parts, no screws or bolts.
    [​IMG]

And then there's baubles and bolt-ons. Ruger MKIII 22/45 with Millett red dot and Hinterstown suppressor, along with some internal changes.
    [​IMG]

But then there's cool just because. Walther TPH 22 German import post-GCA68 with custom grips.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  12. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i guess i'd say my rossi ranch hand 357....i always got comments like 'you won't hit anything with that!" and "what can you use THAT for?"

but i really liked it. fun & functional gun imo. once i fixed the sights, it was nasty accurate as well. you just had to learn how to shoot with it.

i recently sold it...but not because the mare's leg wasn't awesome...because imo....the rossi ranch hand was built....cheapish. sold it for a more quality firearm. i really wish they had put a bit more craftsmanship into it....

think i'll always like the mare's leg though...

Attached Files:

13. shadecorp

robocop10mm,
    Thanks.
    Could be.
    Will try one.