What clips for an ar15 can u own in ny

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kaiser61, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kaiser61

kaiser61 New Member

Hey I'm a new owner of an ar15 that is preban and I am wondering what clips I am allowed to buy as of now I already own 13 30rd clips along with 10 20rd clips but I interested in getting that double drum 100rd clip can anyone tell me if I'm allowed to own that and if so where I can get one I live on long island in new York thank you for any info on the matter

2. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

Uh oh, you said clips instead of magazines...a fire storm is coming your way.

Anywho, on Long Island, you are limited to 10 rd mags, unless the magazine was made before September 13th, 1994. These are called "preban" magazines, and are legal to own in a 30 rd capacity.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

what he said.. any magazine made after the date has to be 10 rounds or less.. no 20 .30 or 100 rounders for you at least not right now

4. theboarbuster

theboarbuster New Member

Congrats on the new gun. Flame On. CLIP, CLIP, CLIP really. :D Just kidding welcome to the club. Now go get yourself a 6.8 SPCII and a 458 Socom and maybe an AR pistol. You cant just stop at 1.

5. littlejimmy

littlejimmy New Member

Just so you know, everybody is giving you a hard time because- A magazine holds rounds, a clip is a device used to get rounds into a magazine. Maybe save you some more ribbing down the road.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I always find it interesting that so many folks get their panties all wadded up over referring to a magazine as a clip, when the same folks will call a cartridge a "shell." (shells are used in shotguns and artillery)

They also refer to a rifle or pistol as a "gun" when all veterans know that a "gun" has wheels on it.:p

Many also refer to cartridges as "bullets."

Personally, I consider it amusing that folks get all upset over "clip" when they know exactly what is meant, and when they themselves use incorrect terminology.

My advice is simply "lighten up" when you know exactly what the poster means.:)

7. littlejimmy

littlejimmy New Member

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Clips!? Clips?! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I always find it interesting that "so many folks" get their panties wadded up when those with more experience jokingly correct NOOBS terminology. Personally, I crack up at the different replies every time it happens.

Just waiting for Cane to deck out his AR in burlap strip camo so he can "clip" back the burlap with a hot pink hair clip and post the photo!

Tack

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol I was waiting for that. Marlinman