What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by darrenlobo, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrenlobo

darrenlobo New Member

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Now that the Bundys have photographed their cattle that the illegal action ran to death and or shot then tried to bury them in large pits so they would not be found! But now the pictures are being released to the public about the atrocity committed by the BLM. They should file a multi million dollar lawsuit against the Government/BLM and the individual agents personally. The way the government approached this situation was totally illegal and against the Constitution. And signs of a tyrannical government action. They are lucky the cows were the only one in the pits!;) And as stated the American citizens are getting tired of what is going on! And a government who is violating the law on every hand.

3. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

So, if I read that right the cia, fbi, blm, etc are unconstitutional? He also touched on the point that police are "standing armies", would that make them unconstitutional as well or was he just warning of them? Also, why do we have them if they are unconstitutional? Shouldn't they have been prevented in the first place?
    Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Federal Police are Unconstitutional, that's right, no where does the constitution grant the Federal Government the power to establish police forces. FBI, DEA, BLM, DHS, all of them are ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION.

Local Police are on the other hand legitimate because all power not expressly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States and the People so while it's legal for us to establish local police it is illegal for the Federal Government to do the same.

Tack

5. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Tackleberry1, you make an interesting point. From the bit of reading I've done, your residual powers do belong to the States. That's the opposite of Kanada, btw.....and I think a much better idea. Anyway, you got me thinking. So how did your federal police organizations ever get started? It's hard to see how the FBI could fall under the "interstate commerce" idea, for example. How'd it ever get off the ground?

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Fear. Simple as that.

Our government outlawed the sale and possession of alcohol giving birth to violent organized crime cartels with the power and money to buy cops, judges, and politicians.

The "federal" answer was a law enforcement agency that could track criminal gangs across state lines without worrying about Jurisdiction.

Ultimately the problem was abated with the repeal of prohibition but the FBI was here to stay, mostly because of its first director, J Edgar Hoover, who had amassed secret files on all sitting US Politicians.

This ensured his confirmation for roughly 40 years to continue leading the FBI and ensured the survival of the Agency itself.

This was the first of many illegal Federal Police forces that threaten liberty today.

Tack

7. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Ahh, I see. So why did we Americans let the govt. form these agencies in the first place? It seemed like there would have been even more resistance back when they were formed?

EDIT: Just read the above post.

8. hipoint380

hipoint380 New Member

You can't just push people around and expect them to just conply. Most will but there are a lot that wont put up with bs laws / people.

9. Donn

Donn Active Member

Don't know whose decision it was, but the Fed "backing down" was a smart tactical and political move. I thought sure we'd see another Waco/Ruby Ridge situation, and I imagine there were people in DC calling for just that. Politically, I wonder if this would've been the outcome after the mid-term elections. One thing's sure, as Harry Reid said, "This isn't over."

10. darrenlobo

darrenlobo New Member

Tack, thanks for the link to the video in your other comment.

Local police might be legal but they're not a good idea. They too are a "standing army". Especially now that they're receiving military weapons from from the feds & money from asset forfiture.

"I have always been, and always shall be against a standing army of any kind; to me it is a terrible thing, whether under that of a parliamentary, or any other designation; a standing army is still a standing army by whatever name it is called; they are a body of men distinct from the body of the people; they are governed by different laws, and blind obedience, and an entire submission to the orders of their commanding officer, is their only principle; the nations around us, sir, are already enslaved, and have been enslaved by those very means; by means of their standing armies they have every one lost their liberties; it is indeed impossible that the liberties of the people in any country can be preserved where a numerous standing army is kept up. Shall we then take our measures from the example of our neighbours? No, sir, on the contrary, from their misfortunes we ought to learn to avoid those rocks upon which they have split."

The above is from "Brutus" in his anti-federalist paper # VIII
    http://www.constitution.org/afp/brutus08.htm

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Government is masterful at first creating fear then providing the illusion of relief through the increase of its own power.

Prohibition got us the FBI, the war on drugs got us the DEA, bootleg liquor and gun control got us the ATF...and the war on terror got us DHS.

...and the war on poverty/welfare state exploded inner city violence and gave us the para military local police forces we see today.

Generations of decent people who wanted nothing more than to earn a living and raise a Familly grew apathetic about their liberties and allowed it to happen because it was easier to trust that to challenge politicians.

We have now reached a point where "most" elected officials will not hold their peers accountable to the law and who hide behind armed "appointees" who administer corrupt policies that enrich politicians and trample individuals.

What we saw in Nevada was much bigger than cattle, turtles, or solar power... It was a recognition of corruption and armed people willing to stand against it.

Tyranny dress up to "look like" law enforcement is still tyranny... and the difference between a peace officer and a Gestapo storm trooper is defined by "his" actions... Not the badge on his chest.

Tack

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There seems to be a lot more to this story. It seems Bundy is not the only one that has been having problems with the BLM grabbing land. In addition the GOP is warning the BLM about a new potential land grab in Texas. It looks like all of the agencies are trying to flex their muscles and are bullying people where ever they can.

13. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Did the guy you're talking about not lose a few court cases regarding his current situation. If that's the case if he is not obeying the courts decision is that not illegal. ? I am sure someone will enlighten me.

14. JWagner

JWagner New Member

The authors of the video in post #5 have taken it off their site because of some wrong information. Here is the follow up video they made:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYE4o9l7h1U&list=UUEHsSWvrGVSIA63OV3J6vhA[/ame]

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Here's what I take away from it: #1 don't count on the federal government for **** #2 don't count on the continued use of "public assets" (even when paying agree-upon rent) as a part of your private business plan #3 DO count on government greed to put the interests of the government above the interests of the people in many cases #4 The BLM feds can't even dig a decent grave ( I guess that should be the responsibility of the BHM (bureaucracy of hole mismanagement) instead of BLM).

16. sandog

sandog Member

Pic from inside the Bundy ranch:
    Sorry, I know standoffs with the Feds, & our rights being whittled away are serious business, but I couldn't help wanting to lighten things up a bit.

Attached Files:

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Technically yes... But when the laws your guilty of breaking did not exist back when your ancestors started the livelihood that you currently engage in, and when it becomes abundantly clear that complying means the end of your livelihood and way of life for you and your children... You FIGHT.

Well, at least that what we Western Americans do.

...and no, we would not expect a British Subject to grasp the concept.

Tack

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the founding fathers of this country expected us to overthrow a corrupt government. they said it was our duty and obligation to do so.

so if the courts decisions were unjust and corrupt, then there may be something to give consideration to in defying their decisions.

i am not saying the courts are automatically wrong and the rancher is right, just offering some alternative views to think over.

19. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

This is a real estate dispute and should have been handled in the county that the land resides in. The feds took it, of course, to federal court where a federal judge on federal payroll could tell a federal agency on federal payroll to carry on with federal duty outside its jurisdiction on land that was, by law and treaty, supposed to be returned to state control before 1980...... nothing to see here. Move along.
    Fox called. Said the henhouse was fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.