What can we do to protect our rights?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by capto56, Jan 11, 2013.

1. capto56

capto56 New Member

I see a lot of posts on Facebook supporting 2a rights. I see a lot of responses on this forum about supporting 2a rights. Obviously.

But what are you doing to protect your right as an American citizen? How many people actually go out and rally for their 2a right?

I'm just curious how many people physically do something to defend the 2a other than sit at a keyboard and type their stance for others to see.

I myself haven't done anything, but I want to know what we can do. Tell me what we should be do to stop this historical tragedy from happening to our country and our rights.

2. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

NRA or another group is our best defense without civil unrest.

3. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

I have wrote letters to my state and federal reps every week. Emailed them to about anybody I thought mattered.

4. capto56

capto56 New Member

For those interested, would be great of everyone did this, here is a website that sends a letter in your name to the appropriate legislators voicing your concern about the new proposed gun laws. I'm going to give it a shot.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Pro 2nd A Rallies at state capitols

Saturday, Jan. 19th Noon.

6. capto56

capto56 New Member

For some reason can't submit with my phone number. Will try again on a desktop. Using my iphone. Let me know if it works for someone.

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

We support the NRA and other groups and we write our reps. We remind them what Gun Owners did to Democrats in the mid term elections following the first AWB. We remind them what Gun Owners did to Al Gore's presidential ambitions after he cast the tie breaking vote in the Senate for the original AWB and was then stupid enough to campaign on a National Gun Owner ID card.

We remind them that failing us means at a minimum, there job, and if pushed too far, possibly much much more. ;)

Remember, WE outnumber THEM... and we have more guns!

Tack

8. capto56

capto56 New Member

I just saw a forum on that. Some people are unsure of the dates. Someone said jan 19th at the nations Capitol and feb 8th for all state capitols.

9. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

It works wonderfully. I have blasted this out to everyone I know. Cane posted it the other day.

It will send the letter to your national and local reps along with BO & JB

10. capto56

capto56 New Member

I was reading on the mgo forum that they're planning for a rally jan 19th in Michigan. Just asked them why. I can't make it then. Chance I could make it feb 8th.

11. capto56

capto56 New Member

I'll give it a shot when I get home. I know mobile sites on my iphone can be finicky when submitting forms. Thanks

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

#1, dont give a dime of your money to anti 2a Googans, Not a single One of the "Costas" or their financiers!

#2, Write everyone in your capitol and Washington, tell them if they vote for anything anti 2A, you will vote them out next time,

#3, Rally support for the next elections to sh!tcan anyone who signs on to any Gun Control whatsoever

13. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Yeah at first I could send it from my phone but it works fine on the laptop. Worked fine on my wife's iPAD however.

14. davva360

davva360 New Member

I have written to my Senators Bill Nelson (lost cause) and Marco Rubio every week. Also used the Ruger form yesterday. Can't go to the rallies this week as I will be out of town. ,ay go on the 8th though

15. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

i try not to make myself known to the government as an active 2nd amendment supporter. i know they probably know about it. but i am not actively signing petitions because i dont want them to show up in the future saying i am a so called terrorist and screwing me over. i strongly believe the government makes people disappear if they get into the wrong things. thats not gonna be me!

16. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I feel it is not only my right but an obligation to exorcise my 1st amendment right to express expectations of my elected officials. 2A included.

17. davva360

davva360 New Member

Fill out the petition under another name.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Don't take this the wrong way Marlin but that's a little weak.

There are 80 million US gun owners. I'm sure at least 10% of us are actively standing up in Defense of 2A liberties. If you think bubba Gubmint has the resources to disappear 8 million American Citizens your "tin foil" hat MAY be strapped on a bit too tight! :p

...and if you don't think your FTF account has not already been traced back to your IP address...than that same "tin foil" hat is not only too tight, but crooked as well.

The fact that any forcible disarmament of American Gun Owners is impossible IS THE REASON it's not been attempted.

Amonymity is dead my friend, you may as well do what you can within the system lest they get bold enough to force action beyond the system. ;)

Tack

19. Lovegun

Lovegun New Member

Just sent mine off!