What Caliber for python gone wild in FL

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jul 30, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

After watching a video on MSNBC.com about pythons running ammok in Florida. So What caliber would you use for a 16ft python snake? I am thinking 12 ga 3.5" mag shooting something like Hevishot or a stick of TNT.

[ame=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32216600#32216600]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

I think this calls for the FTFCGS (Firearms Talk Forums Critter Getter Squad).

I am all for killing snakes man that could be fun. Renting air boats and flying UAV's over the glades looking for big snakes. I wonder if the govt would let us equip the UAV's with M240 and M249 MG's to take out the snakes?

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Those pythons in Florida are becomming a problem in a hurry. Stupid people get them as pets and then can't afford to keep feeding them, so they let them go. The reticulated python can grow up to 20'. Burmese pythons are a little smaller, but bigger around. I agree that 12 ga would be needed, but up close. 30-40 yards at the farthest. How's 'bout some homemade napalm. :p

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

12ga 3" mag with buckshot and I'm aiming for the head.

4. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

How much to get a 20 footer stuffed and mounted? I might come hunting in FLA. ;)

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

If they did roundups like they do with rattle snakes, except kill them first, there would be a lot of python belts and boots for sale.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  6. County Boy

County Boy New Member

12 GA. double aught buckshot, a machete to cut it up, stick of butter and a big frying pan salt and pepper to taste.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Cold Steel Spartan. If you're a real man, I mean.

Worked for Tarzan, and he was a real man.

8. OC357

OC357 New Member

Tastes just like chicken I'll bet......haha

12GA would be the thing I guess.

But if I were to be running around in the everglades in 110% humidity I wouldn't be lugging around a 12GA and ammo. That would just get real old in a great big hurry for me.

A .357 mag would suit me just fine.:D

OC

9. spittinfire

Hey benning, I got a 3" gerber. BE A MAN ESSE!!

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

If we're talking about being manly, ah, I feel a rant thread coming on!:eek:

11. spittinfire

I thought that was already started by gojubrian.

12. OC357

OC357 New Member

Is that Austrian Guy comming again??

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I see Benning steeling my thunder again. Man I am getting sick and tired of that crap.

I think if you were in a highly populated area you could shack them with something like this. A suppressed Ruger MkII nice quite and will get the job done but closer range is needed.
    Mk2.jpg