What branch did you serve in?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Army

24 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. Air Force

17 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Navy

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Marines

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Coast Guard

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. I didn't serve.

15 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

There are only 5 answers.

Army
    Air Force
    Navy
    Marines
    Coast Guard

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What about my time in the French Foreign Legion?:D

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You were not in the FFL Shihan. They are badass not bad ***.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Hey, where's the Campfire Girls?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

US Army. ten characters

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder"...

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Wing Nut here.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

USAF, The branch of service where we were considered adults when it came to firearm ownership. (Much unlike the Navy)

9. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Coast Guard (gunner's mate) and Army (Infantry). I like walking better than "sailing"...

10. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Uncle Sams Animal Farm. USAF

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

USAF 2A353A F-15 Fighter Aircraft maintenance journeyman. I would have been craftsman if I'd stayed in but that's a long story about a whore right there.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Salvation Army.

But seriously, U.S.A.F. '72-'76

13. Swiftyjuan

Swiftyjuan New Member

Air Force, but the avatar gives it away.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

US Army- Infantry (We hurt people and break their things)

And with some of our foreign members here, those 5 categories are NOT the only answers.:rolleyes:

Now, BEFORE the first rock, epithet, or cutting remark gets tossed out-

I am retired Army. My SON is a retired US Marine. Nephew is Navy. Son-in-law is Air Force. As far as harrassing other services-

Air Force- I thank you for the rides. It would have been a damned long walk.
    Marines- I thank you for the close air support. And I DO mean close.
    Navy- I had no idea the guns on a cruiser could reach that far. Thank you most kindly.
    Coasties- anyone that has an unoffical motto of "You have to go out. Coming back is optional." has got a pair.

And yes, I would gladly buy a beer for ANYONE that has taken the Queen's shilling, and eaten the Queen's biscuit- even if their uniform and mine are different colors.

C3

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

ooooohhhhhhh rrrrraaaaaaahhhhh.

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

What, no National Guard? Epic fail. :)

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

[RANT ON] No I didn't put nasty guard. What the hell do they do other than get sent to active duty and do nothing but fake injuries so they don't go off to war.

Yes I said that because I have been there done that and seen it way too much. It was disgusting. I guess the CANG unit I was in was different my platoon SGT was a 4 tour Spec Ops guy in Nam. We had 3 others that were on the CANG Drug eradication task force. 1 went to the SF. Hell we were a bunch of heavy junk operators and spam in a can guys.

While I was at fort dix you would see men and women on crutches during the week gimping around all over post. But Friday night and they were fine to go dancing from 7pm to 2am. My unit at Fort dix was FULL of people like that. PT test came around and OMG 70% of the bn was on a walk and own pace and distance profile. Then again Friday night they were out in the club dancing like crazy. Many even got medically retired for FAKE injuries.

[\RANT OFF]

No because the national guard is run through the Army or the AF. All 4 branches have reserve units as well.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I didn't serve but my heart belongs to any Viet Nam vet of any branch of service. [​IMG]

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

i resent that.

my best bud is in the national guard after serving active 82nd airborne. he earned two bronze stars in iraq. as a guardsman. a LOT of national guard made the ultimate sacrifice there serving under two presidents neither of which ever earned the right to be spit on by the deceased and for a cause of freeing a nation of worthless ungrateful scum.

the national guardsmen have my greatest respect for giving up their warm homes and safe lives to do a terrible job for the ungrateful nation, president, and congress that sends them.

so if they skip a stupid pt test that should have been revamped and redone 100 years ago more power to them.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  20. colmustard

colmustard New Member

U.S. Air Force Security Forces.

DEFENSOR FORTIS