What Beer do you drink?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mrm14, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Suggested I start a beer thread on wine thread so here goes.

Don't consume as much beers as I used to but I do partake of Coors Light, Dos Equis, Guinness Extra Stout and Brown Ale, and ocassionally Widmer Hefenweizen (wheat beer) A few friends home brew and home brew is always a memorable experience.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

mrm, great thread!

For a 'daily quencher' I will stick with the Bud products. They're not pricey not heavy, and much better than Miller imo.

My actual brother brews some good stuff, and he has a group of friends that do the same. They grow their own hops and compare recipes. I try not to miss the tastings, but you won't catch me spittin' beer! :D

At restaurants, I try to sample their newest micro brew. Generally, they are tasty, but non-descript. For a micro deal, I like Great Lakes Brewery and the Dortmunder Gold. The Rock Bottom Brewery makes some great stuff as well.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Have a five gallon keg of porter that lasted about three weeks. Just re-brewed the porter and a hef today. Have a blond ale I call Big TT Blond in the beer frig awaiting transport to the AHA Convention in Oakland Ca. in June. Visited the Full-Sail Brewery in Hood River, Or. two weekends ago and didn't buy any beer....DUH!! Their Doppelbock and Session are great beers.

Won't drink any AH Bush since they sold to INBEV!!

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I don't like it either, but it was not the family that sold, it was the stockholders that gave in. The first offer was rejected, and INBEV upped their per share offer by a good amount...stockholders said ok. The money made by primary and secondary stockholders was tremendous. I came to be fine with it. I'm actually hoping that the Belgians make it a Belgian beer. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, when one finds an affordable ale that one can consume with dinner every night that one enjoys....good s#!t right there!! :cool:

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Guiness, but I really want a Fosters, haven't had one in 10 years.

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I drink my own beer. Been home brewing for 5 years now. If I'm out of my stuff and want to drink cheap I'll pick up some Newcastle or Old Speckled Hen.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Sierra Nevada, Southern Tier IPA and Smuttynose IPA are my favorite hoppy beers. Guinness is my favorite stout. Pilsner Urquell is a comparatively light, crisp beer.

8. m72law

m72law New Member

the beer that stops werewolves...silverbullet coorslight!

9. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

Everyday brew is a homebrewed Hefewiesen,sometimes Guiness, Shiner Bock, mainly homebrews. I do Meads as well.

10. user4

user4 New Member

Pretty much Heineken exclusively. Can't stand those thick stouts.

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I quit drinking 16 years ago but being this close to Milwaukee it was PBR. I also enjoyed Becks, ST. Pauly Girl, and when in Canada, Brador. The problem was I enjoyed beer too much. Now I spend the extra money I save on hunting related items, ie guns.

12. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I like dark and bitter beers. Apparently my fellow countrymen have different tastes and they are almost imposible to find in Argentina, I have to depend on microbreweries to get anything worth drinking.

I find lagers quite boring, I'll drink it if there's nothing else and my blood alcohol level is dangerously low, but I'm not too fond of them.

I also like Trappist beers quite a lot, especially the "triple" varieties, like Chimay Blanche.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

For a micro deal, I like Great Lakes Brewery and the Dortmunder Gold. That right there is a good beer. Got some in my pantry waiting for the right time to chill and grill.

I am not much of a mass market beer guy. I do like the BL with lime. These will never hae the flavor or attitude of microbrews. My favorite microbrew is Sierra Nevada grew up driving past the Brew house all the time. when ever I go home My dad and I go to the Brew house and have a pint and some good food.

Don't get me wrong what the mass brewers have done is amazing. They have taking brewing to a whole other level. You don't realize just how hard it is to keep all the breweries producing the same exact beer all the time with varying ingredients and all that.

14. Angrypoonani

Angrypoonani New Member

Thats cool that a lot of ya'll brew ya'lls own beer, I've always wanted to get into that but never had the time or money to commit.

I mostly drink zeigenbock or shiner, but will every now and again down a room temp heineken. Red stripe is pretty good also, whenever they have that at the quick-e-mart I get that.

15. propex

propex New Member

Yingling Black and Tan

16. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I drink mostly Cali IPAs. Heavy hops, heavy malt and high ABV count quench my thirst.

17. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

[​IMG]

Polar Beer, hands down... Polar Pilsener or Polar Solera.... :rolleyes:
    For people living in Florida, Polar Beer can be found on almost any Publix...

[​IMG]

When I go to U.S I try diferent brands of beer... I like the Miller Genuine Draft (that with black label...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  18. JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz New Member

im wierd, i get used to a beer and i stick to it, for the longest time it was Rolling Rock, i still like it and can drink it, but just dont get it much. Then i was on to MGD, stuck to that a loooong time. Me and a friend would go out every night, that got too expensive so we would split a 30 pack of Icehouse, kinda strong and a dollar cheaper then a case of Bud or MGD. Now im used to Miller Lite, and onsale alot at my local grocery store, and it gets me drunk.

If im someplace that has exotic stuff, i do enjoy Sapporo. It's a Japanese beer, verry light and tasty, i do recommend it to anyone.

19. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

There are very few beers that I will say no to.

But my regular favorites are Dogfish head 60 & 90 minutes IPAs, Stone Brewing Co's beers are always good, Bluegrass brewing Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout, Williamsburg Ale Works Washington Porter, PBR, Busch, and Rolling Rock.

I could go on and on but those beers all have the highest likelihood of ravaging my liver.

20. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

PBR
    yuengling
    smithwicks (or smiddicks)
    red stripe
    magic hat #9
    bud
    and red oak