What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Samhain, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samhain

Samhain New Member

I have a S&W M&P .40
    I have been told you can but a .357 sig barrel, and slide, and then can shoot
    .357 sig rounds. What are the thoughts on this round?
    I'm thinking about doing it, 2 guns 1 frame....

2. Samhain

Samhain New Member

nobody has shot a .357 sig?
    no comments?

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

It's a hypersonic round that was designed to punch through body armor. It tends to be a little less accurate than the .40 S&W that it was bred from.

4. Samhain

Samhain New Member

Thanks Matt, in your opinion would you get the extra barrel an slide and give it a try or stick with the .40?

5. MarkoPo

MarkoPo New Member

Apparently there are several guns that can shoot both .40 S&W and .357 Sig. I know the glocks can interchange barrels. I am interested in doing the same thing to my Springfield XD sub-compact, but I can't find a 3" barrel in .357 Sig. I would try it out if the option were available. I also heard the spring has to be a little stiffer to run the Sig rounds. I wonder if you posted a similar question on the glock forum if they would have more experience with this question. I am very curious about this too.

6. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

Trust Me....

The .357 SIG round is very much so more accurate then the .40 S&W and to many more people then not, recoil is a little snappy as compared to the .40s "push". The recoils is very manageable and calls for very tight groups at 15 yards for me. The .357 sig barrel should just be a drop in for a .40 M&P without having to replace the spring or anything else. Its a fun, loud, fast, flat shooting round and IMO the only downside is finding ammo unless you buy online. :D

7. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

I carry this round as my primary and i trust my life to it. Apparently so does the Secret Service, SEALs, Texas DPS, Pinal County DPS (Arizona), U.S. Air MArshalls, and a lot of other elite forces. Pretty awesome FBI testing ballistics also.

8. Water-Man

Water-Man New Member

You can use 135gr. ammo and just about duplicate the .357 SIG.

9. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

The 125 grn ammo is the grn said to ALMOST duplicate the performance of the 125 grn .357 mag. Not all the way there but almost. I guess the capacity makes up for the little bit of extra hard hitting ballistic energy of the .357 mag. I have not heard much on the 135 grn if there is one.

10. user4

user4 New Member

Try finding Ammo in bulk. It's an immediate disqualifier. It's nearly as worthless as the .45GAP. The best weapons have ammo easily available. That said, it's a damn fine gun to shoot.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'm with Ineff on this issue.

The round is a nice one to shoot. But it fills a void that wasn't really needed, but was created around the same principle as the .45 GAP.

Ten years from now you will be left reloading your own, or having one heck of a well built paperweight. :rolleyes:

Ammo that is too expensive, or too unobtainable, isn't really what I am looking for in a primary weapon....

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

All users with supplied service guns and ammo!

I wonder what they will be shooting next year? [​IMG]

13. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

amen to that. Ive shot near every caliber in a handgun and the 357.SIG never ceases to amaze me at its possibilities. Imagine what kind of round that would make in an SMG or Carbine rifle?:D

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Under someone that has read the works of Jeff Cooper and others? 1911's of course!

Under the Obama Administration?

Potato guns and straws with little pieces of marshmellow cut up to fit in the tube. ( Ability to take a deep breath required to qualify )

JD

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

noboma approved Air Marshall weapon:

The Eric Holder Signature Series

Tampax - Super Tampon +Pee.

Tampon Gun Tampax.jpg

16. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

Thats why im glad that i have the .40 barrel with it!!! Its my favorite round and .40 S&W coming in close second. And if the round catches on which i know in my town it has been, ammo should start becoming more plentiful, but the .40 S&W i know isnt going anywhere. For the time being as that i can find ammo really cheap here in tucson, the .357 SIG is the fast light round im looking for. On some days its the .40 S&W Loaded with 180grn Golden Sabres for the heavy side of things. :D

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have A S&W Sigma .357sig and absolutely love it. I have the most fun shooting it.

18. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Shihan buddy, did ya know this thread is over a year and a half old? I am glad ya like your S&W Sig .357 and it's great ya love to shoot it, but to resurrect a dead thread a year and eight months old to tell us that is....is just zombie actions bro.? Please take some time and visit these FTF Newcomers rules and pay close attention to #2. We value your membership, it's just when you bump an old thread up from the dead, and you really do not have something informative or new material to add, it starts to stink up the place. Thanks Bro. :D

I like turtles!

Jack

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/ftf-newcomers-guide-17828/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.