What are your 4th of July Plans

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dunerunner, Jul 4, 2010.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

For me...

The Flag is flying, I'm doing some hot dogs, potato salad, and watermellon. Tonight, I'll watch the neighbors bottle rockets land on my roof and I'll fire off the 50 Cal. Great Plains Rifle!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife got the idea to take me shopping so we're about to leave for that. Then we're meeting up with my parents for a cookout and fireworks show afterwards.

3. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

rodeo last night and to night to old to ride so i work there ran 150 team ropers last night and that many more to night. Got home and couldnt hardly walk feet and knees. Boy i sure know how to live

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'm going to partake in a great American tradition of drinking gargantuan amounts of beer with my family. We're having a shrimp boil/ fish fry after I get off work. I'm going to the fireworks stand and will try to lowball them for a deal! Take that England!

5. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Not much for me, hang out with my little girl, play in the pool, some stuff on the grill later. Try to chillax.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

How'd I forget the BEER!! 9 gallons left of the 10 I brewed...German Heffeweissen.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The flags are up. It will be a quiet day for us.

8. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    [​IMG]

9. freefall

freefall New Member

Going to Talkeetna to wave at my sis in law on a parade float, then up to her house so she and my wife can drink margaritas while I fix her plumbing. Then home through the gauntlet of cops looking for drunken patriots. Day off tomorrow tho..:p

10. freefall

freefall New Member

I prefer fireworks at New Years when they're visible all right.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am going to clean the kitchen then make it a real mess.

I have 2 10oz Dry aged Black Angus Sirloin strips($20 each) that I am going to do it with some of my special herb and butter stuff baked potato for me baked sweet potato for the lady. With a light salad of Romain and sliced tomatoes and cucumber.

After that I may truck down to the fireworks in Fredericksburg and see how good I can shoot them with my Nikon.

Then When I get home I am going to make a batch of brioche dough and make that into killer cinnamon rolls in the morning.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am confined to the couch with my golden purse for one more day. :mad:

Got the flag out, watching some baseball ( My Gal's Yankees just tied it up, so the rally caps are working ) and tonight we have an HOA community fireworks display that I will be able to watch from the spare bedroom and say "under doctor's orders" :mad:

I would just like to say THANK YOU to all the great men and women of America's Armed Forces for keeping us safe, sound and peacefully ignorant to the horrors of the rest of the world!

JD

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just got done with lunch with a bunch of friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Heading to my sis-in-law's place in an hour or two for brats, strawberry-pretzel salad, baked beans, and all the other sundries. Then this evening off to a drive in movie and fireworks show.

Was hoping to go flying last night and watch about 5 fireworks shows at the same time. Got food poisoning at breakfast however which scratched all my plans for the day.

14. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Aha.....My first beer, today!! Here's to the troops!! Cheers!!

[​IMG]

15. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

We are spending the rest of the day with good friends at their house eating well and enjoying the greatness that is our country. I will be saying a toast at dinner to all of the fine servicemen past, present and future that keep us safe and free to be the best nation God ever created.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dune man it is still morning there in God Country you can't drink beer that early.

Oh I forgot I picked up a six pack of Shiner Bock OH HOW I LOVE THAT BEER.

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Was gonna work my a$$ off and finally get moved in to this new house, but I think I broke my big toe moving a couch and I can barely walk right now. So I guess I'll have to start on the Shiner like Tango.

Is there anything you can do for a broken toe? It's swollen up like a water balloon and, of course, I've continued to work a lot more so I haven't stayed off of it.

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Drink 6 to 12 beers and pass out till the morning.

19. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have my mom, brother and sister, a bunch of kids, grand kids and some in-laws coming over to eat my food and drink my beer. They are good people. I am happy to provide it. Well, no beer for the grand kids anyway.

20. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Damnit, Lon! As far as anyting you can do is elevate and ice. A couple of ibuprofens and some beer. Limit your walking and it's motion. I feel for you.

My 4th plans are rather quiet this year. We hosted some of the wife's family. Her legal immigrant cousin and her legal immigrant husband and their 5 kids. Just so you know, they (cousin and hubby) took their citizenship oath 10 years ago in DC on the 4th of July in that huge oath ceremony held every year. They could not be more proud of being Americans and that is unhyphenated. My brother and his wife and 2 kids were here as well. We did pizza in the oven yesterday. Everyone left this morning including my wife and son who went to visit her folks for a few days. I have the house to myself for a few days, and I am gonna chill tonight. I don't like dealing with the crowds and the drunks anymore for the fireworks.

I have this whole week off, and I am gonna try to get the smoker ready for paint and seasoning. Peace and quiet except for the welder and grinder (music to my ears) and I will probably go shooting in the next couple of days. :D