Firearms Talk banner

1101 - 1120 of 1173 Posts

·
Supporting Member
11,812 Posts
Seen it before and actually have a CD tape of it. But Apocalypse Now came on Direct TV today and I am watching it again. It has been years!

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Marty (1955) -- the movie, with Ernest Borgnine in the title role.

Marty (1953) -- the play, from the Philco Television Playhouse, with Rod Steiger in the title role.

·
Supporting Member
11,812 Posts
Rifling

Thank you for the Video on the AK. That guy knows his "S"! He is more than impressive.

Reactions: Rifling82

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
trying to watch youtube instructional videos. the rage this engenders...

everyone who has done an 80 percent lower video taped it. on a drill press, a ghost gunner, or a CNC mill. nobody has done it on a mini mill.

everybody who trams a mini mill and video tapes it puts the post from the magnetic base for the dial indicator in a chuck or collet, moves it around the XY table, and gets frustrated by the difficulty of the process. nobody turns the mill on to see if the post spins straight and true. if it does not, you can not tram the mill that way. the video is a complete waste of time.

trying to edit videos in Flowblade. the instructions are written by the kind of guy, you ask him what time it is, he tells you how to build a watch. let's watch it on youtube! every...........one.............who..............makes..............videos..............on..........this...........subject.........pauses..........for............an................irritating......and...................inconsistent..........interval...........between.............words...................

I have a brain damaged brother who does that solely to antagonize me. The only way to end it is blunt instrument trauma. this causes problems if I watch the video in a public place. you could show a person how to do it in 30 seconds. the video runs for half an hour.

I taught electronics in a military intelligence unit. this gets you out of, um, you know, pauses and, like, disorganized thought processes and random mumbling. 90 percent of youtubers have a grating accent or voice anomaly. or a delivery as organized as a cat herd. drive you crazy if you let it.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Then there's the guy that doesn't know any more about the subject than you do. Cars on blocks in the background indicate an upcoming problem as does a work area that looks worse than mine. Regardless of the question, U-Tube has a video. Best look at these before you have your lawnmower in pieces. Ordered a dumpster today to get rid of my screwed-up projects.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Spotlight (2015) -- starring Michael Keaton, Liev Schreiber, Rachel McAdams, Mark Ruffalo.

About the investigative reporting team at The Boston Globe who published a hard-hitting series of stories about the systemic abuse by the Catholic Church of children in the Boston (MA) area, focusing on how they deliberately silenced the problem and kept shuttling around the pedophile priests until the problem went away.

Powerful story. Decently told.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
hqdefault.jpg

Election stuff on the news is making me nuts. Some mindless retro TV is called for.

GAH!! It's the Penguin runs for mayor episode. I can't get away from politics!

1101 - 1120 of 1173 Posts